Page 572 of 711 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574582622672 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

  1. #8566
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    As abject as Aus has been one has to give credit to young Indian players like Jadeja,Ahswin,Pujara and Vijay especally. No matter how poor the opposition is playing its never easy to dominate at international level so early in to your careers. The worst thing about this Aus side has been lack of fight no matter how ordinary an Aus team would be one thing is certain they never cave in without a fight. The way Aus has went about in this series reminds me of sub cont sides go whne they travel to SA, Aus and England.
    Yes I have been saying that about the last two tests in particular. It has been an Indian/Lankan/Pakistani style away performance from Australia. I did not think Australia would beat India when I saw their squad, but I really did not think they would stink it up like they have.

    People are talking about Australia showing fight here, and look it wasn't as bad as Hyderabad, but they lost another test match within 4 days... And let's not forget they were 0-130 or whatever. Really gotta be made of tougher stuff than this. Today's first session was fairly ****, unlucky umpire decisions or not.

  2. #8567
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Haha, I stopped posting in this thread just before Haddin got out and I've considered reading back. Still don't know whether I should.
    Worth reading the Dhoni/Tendulkar partnership to see just how dire tour threads can get through intentional Gambhiring.

    I used to muck around with the anti-jinx stuff but its gotten beyond stupid now. And no, 0-4 0-4 and 1-2 isn't an excuse for that posting, India were never going to not win this match once Pujara and Vijay put away the legside **** Australia bowled in the first few overs.

  3. #8568
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    My ****ing God. Just read this thread.

    The negative bull**** posting by the Indian fans today was utterly pathetic. Dead set. ****ing take a good hard look at yourselves.

    Australia are 9 down, India have gotten 5 wickets in the first session, and some bloke whinges about how India can't even get the tailenders out... when they've dismissed all of the top order and Lyon and Siddle as well.

    And then these ****s crying at Dhoni (who I am hardly a massive fan of) when the win really was never in doubt once India didn't lose 2 quick wickets in the first few overs.

    **** to read that crap.

    India should not have won this test match. You don't win a test match when the first day is washed out and then the opposition score 400+ in their first dig. Yet India did. And you blokes are cracking the ****s. Would be annoying to read for Australian fans, who have legitimate beef with the way their team has performed.
    Even after the win, the fact is that Dhoni's innings while he was batting with Sachin was completely dire. He was 4(23) at one point with only four overs to go and almost run a ball needed. You could see by their running (and Sachin's run out - which was him succumbing to pressure created by his partner). Did you watch that innings live - because I can't believe that you weren't completely shaking your head as that was unfolding.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 18-03-2013 at 09:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  4. #8569
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,572
    So he was struggling after just coming in and faced some good swing bowling. I mean, we have never seen that before have we?

    It never even got to more than a run a ball, and even then they'd have got there.

    Sachin's dismissal was Sachin's fault, not Dhoni. He ****ed up. And Kohli was the one who hit a leg side ball straight to the fielder when he should have seen them home. And those two guys are hands down my favourite cricketers, and I am far from a Dhoni fan. But the posting was utter dire to whinge about "annoying" partnerships when Australia have barely strung three together all series... and then talk about India ****ing up the chase. The amount of "OMFG are these guys going for a draw?" was just ridiculous. Even Pujara was copping ****.

    India just won a ****ing test match without a ball being bowled on day 1 and after the opposition were 0-130 on day 2...
    Last edited by Jono; 18-03-2013 at 09:13 AM.


  5. #8570
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,495
    @Jono, I didn't read the thread (may have made a post or two at that stage), but **** me was it annoying watching dhoni bat until Jadeja came in. Sachin panicked too, it was so hilarious.

  6. #8571
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,572
    Nah this Dhoni **** was the icing on the cake Daemon. Its been like that all match for some weird reason. India were accused of playing for the draw at least 5 times I reckon.

  7. #8572
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    So he was struggling after just coming in and faced some good swing bowling. I mean, we have never seen that before have we?

    It never even got to more than a run a ball, and even then they'd have got there.

    Sachin's dismissal was Sachin's fault, not Dhoni. He ****ed up. And Kohli was the one who hit a leg side ball straight to the fielder when he should have seen them home. And those two guys are hands down my favourite cricketers, and I am far from a Dhoni fan. But the posting was utter dire to whinge about "annoying" partnerships when Australia have barely strung three together all series... and then talk about India ****ing up the chase. The amount of "OMFG are these guys going for a draw?" was just ridiculous. Even Pujara was copping ****.

    India just won a ****ing test match without a ball being bowled on day 1 and after the opposition were 0-130 on day 2...
    Ah yeah, good thing I didn't read the thread.

  8. #8573
    Global Moderator Teja.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    z
    Posts
    6,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    And then these ****s crying at Dhoni (who I am hardly a massive fan of) when the win really was never in doubt once India didn't lose 2 quick wickets in the first few overs.
    This - so much.

    He's not my favourite player in the world either and let's be honest he is no Martyn/Knott/Brearley but the number of ****s waiting to rip into Dhoni at the slightest opportunity is insane.
    Last edited by Teja.; 18-03-2013 at 09:20 AM.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams



    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

    It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

  9. #8574
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    So he was struggling after just coming in and faced some good swing bowling. I mean, we have never seen that before have we?

    It never even got to more than a run a ball, and even then they'd have got there.

    Sachin's dismissal was Sachin's fault, not Dhoni.
    Yes, of course it was Sachin's fault. The pressure got to him. Pressure which was created, not in small part, due to 4(23) and the wild crazy swings and misses. Yea, it was good bowling - which is part of the reason we were even more upset (or at least, myself). A bit of swing and he looks like he never held a bat before. Worrying, if not unexpected. When the other guy is seriously thinking about shielding you from the strike by taking a slightly risky run on the 5th ball, there's a problem.

    And yes, India won, which is great. Dhawan's innings was one of the best on these types of tracks, probably since Sehwag's run a ball triple (this pitch was much more bowler friendly than the one Sehwag batted on), and we all know Australia are as bad here as India are in Australia. But the complaint about Dhoni that you are talking about, at that stage, was warranted.

  10. #8575
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,572
    Congrats on winning some cash Teja boy. I watched today's match on delay (hence reading the thread later) but was thinking you'd have a massive smile on your face when Australia collapsed in the first session.

    I was so sure Hughes was going to ton up, very stiff for the poor bloke to cop a **** LBW decision like he did. Unfortunate.

  11. #8576
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Nah this Dhoni **** was the icing on the cake Daemon. Its been like that all match for some weird reason. India were accused of playing for the draw at least 5 times I reckon.
    India were playing for the draw - at multiple times. ANy other team except Australia and it would have been a draw. Now fair enough that you say that Dhoni and co. knew that Australia were terrible as they would be and thus could play defensively and still be assured, and that'd be a great argument except his captaincy overall has always been super defensive for the past several years - whether the conditions are friendly or not.

    Now I'm happy to be wrong when his defensive captaincy still results in a four day win, as it did here, and full credit to him because I was wrong about it leading to a draw, but in the long term the same strategy hurts the Indian team. I think that's true and that's why people are so harsh on his field settings and his tactics. When you are facing this Australian team, I think all sorts of tactics could have succeeded, but hey, the only thing we know for sure is that his worked and the others may not have. So fair play, and that's fine.

  12. #8577
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,572
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Yes, of course it was Sachin's fault. The pressure got to him. Pressure which was created, not in small part, due to 4(23) and the wild crazy swings and misses. Yea, it was good bowling - which is part of the reason we were even more upset (or at least, myself). A bit of swing and he looks like he never held a bat before. Worrying, if not unexpected. When the other guy is seriously thinking about shielding you from the strike by taking a slightly risky run on the 5th ball, there's a problem.

    And yes, India won, which is great. Dhawan's innings was one of the best on these types of tracks, probably since Sehwag's run a ball triple (this pitch was much more bowler friendly than the one Sehwag batted on), and we all know Australia are as bad here as India are in Australia. But the complaint about Dhoni that you are talking about, at that stage, was warranted.
    You didn't just complain, you blokes railed on him as if he was playing a slefish knock. Dead set Dhoni should have copped more **** for opening up with Ishant Sharma bowling in the day than his batting today. You can't ****ing hit good outswinging deliveries at 145kmh/h to the boundary all the time when you first come in. You also can't do it when you're limited with your ability to play swing, which Dhoni was. Getting angry at him because he isn't great against the moving ball NOW in his career... is stupid. He did not play stupid shots like he did in England, he just could not get the ball away. He was not playing for his average, he was not playing a stupid shot out of panic... he just was trying to get his eye in and also trying to get bat on ball but couldn't.

    Honestly, with the match not going on and you blokes getting all emotional, go back and read the posts. Yours and about 4 other posters. And not just the Dhoni partnership. The Starc/Doherty posts as well.
    Last edited by Jono; 18-03-2013 at 09:28 AM.

  13. #8578
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,572
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    India were playing for the draw - at multiple times. ANy other team except Australia and it would have been a draw. Now fair enough that you say that Dhoni and co. knew that Australia were terrible as they would be and thus could play defensively and still be assured, and that'd be a great argument except his captaincy overall has always been super defensive for the past several years - whether the conditions are friendly or not.

    Now I'm happy to be wrong when his defensive captaincy still results in a four day win, as it did here, and full credit to him because I was wrong about it leading to a draw, but in the long term the same strategy hurts the Indian team. I think that's true and that's why people are so harsh on his field settings and his tactics. When you are facing this Australian team, I think all sorts of tactics could have succeeded, but hey, the only thing we know for sure is that his worked and the others may not have. So fair play, and that's fine.
    I hate Dhoni's captaincy 4 days out of 5 in almost every test of the last 3 years I'd say. So I am not defending Dhoni's captaincy over the last 3 days. But no way in hell did India play for a draw multiple times. That is such a ridiculous statement. Dead set name them. And I swear if you just name times when Dhoni was defensive I'll blow it, because that is two different things.

    Honestly Pujara getting his eye in and treating good balls from Siddle and Starc with respect and you ****s were wanting to lynch him.
    Last edited by Jono; 18-03-2013 at 09:29 AM.

  14. #8579
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    You didn't just complain, you blokes railed on him as if he was to blame. Dead set Dhoni should have copped more **** for opening up with Ishant Sharma bowling in the day than his batting today. You can't ****ing hit good outswinging deliveries at 145kmh/h to the boundary all the time when you first come in. You also can't do it when you're limited with your ability to play swing, which Dhoni was. Getting angry at him because he isn't great against the moving ball NOW in his career... is stupid. He did not play stupid shots like he did in England, he just could not get the ball away. He was not playing for his average, he was not playing a stupid shot out of panic... he just was trying to get his eye in and also trying to get bat on ball but couldn't.
    Some of those shots were pretty panicky TBF. But yea, he isn't good enough to play the swinging ball. But we've been angry at that forever, not just now. He's a test cricketer - you can't say don't get angry at someone sucking at playing Test class bowling. Of course you're allowed to be angry when the bloke comes in a situation where it should be relatively straight forward and looks like he can't hit a beach ball just because he's encountering a situation that you'd expect in 99% of Tests outside the subcontinent.

  15. #8580
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,572
    I can't believe you genuinely think your posting has been reasonable this test. I refuse to believe so. I think you just defend your viewpoint for the sake of it sometimes, because there is no way you think some of the **** you say will happen, will actually happen.

    Dhoni played and missed at the ball a few times. He also left some balls alone outside off stump.

    He did not:

    1. Charge down the wicket and try and smack a good ball for 6
    2. Hit a length ball straight to a fielder
    3. Run his partner out
    4. Run himself out
    5. Turn down a 2 or a 3 because he was being lazy.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. highest 50+ scores, percentage(ODIS)
    By Indusriver in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18-08-2011, 02:51 AM
  2. 'World Cup 2011' Draft
    By kingkallis in forum World Cup 2011
    Replies: 1206
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •