Page 549 of 711 FirstFirst ... 49449499539547548549550551559599649 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Wont happen in India as their spinners will always bowl with a lot of people around the bat with the fieldsmen appealing for everything

Only stands to reason that they will benefit from more dodgy decisions than most opposing teams
    Never ever thought I'd say this as that Test almost made me quit watching cricket but India need another Sydney.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Poor decisions **** me regardless of who they go against. It really pisses me off that both sides have to agree to DRS. The BCCI morons who are against DRS should crawl back into the primordial soup they came out of.
    Completely agree. There are two changes one would like ICC to implement and, one hopes, BCCI won't have an argument to oppose

1 The choice of DRS or not should be left to the home side. Lets have DRS all over the world except Tests in India.

2. Let the bowling side choose the make of cricket ball they want to use in a series. Let every series be played with bowlers of both sides having at least the ball of their choice even if they can't do anything about conditions afoot and ambient.

Hmm, if Australia can bat for another 20-25ish overs @ 3-4 rpo, it could start to get difficult to chase it down in time. These guys have already been in for 8.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Decisions lately, on the whole, have been neutral or favorable to India. Just the law of averages will tell you that sooner or later they'll go the other way. Hopefully sooner, so then everyone can be under the same rules.
    Didn't Pujara get shafted this very test? Same as Hughes I would think?
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Hmm, if Australia can bat for another 20-25ish overs @ 3-4 rpo, it could start to get difficult to chase it down in time. These guys have already been in for 8.
    amazing
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Aahhh...ok Gavaskar just said the same thing I did. I need to go take a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    Completely agree. There are two changes one would like ICC to implement and, one hopes, BCCI won't have an argument to oppose

1 The choice of DRS or not should be left to the home side. Lets have DRS all over the world except Tests in India.

2. Let the bowling side choose the make of cricket ball they want to use in a series. Let every series be played with bowlers of both sides having at least the ball of their choice even if they can't do anything about conditions afoot and ambient.
    I dont think (1) is reasonable as one country should not be allowed to dictate playing conditions to the rest of the world

In golf atm, anchoring of the putter against a golfer's body is going to be outlawed in about 3 years despite many countries golf associations being against the rule.

However, being honourable people, most are indicating that it would be ludicrous to have a situation where one thing was allowed in one country and outlawed elsewhere

The same should apply here and if the Indians dont fall into line, the ICC should grow some balls and declare all tests in India as "unofficial" until they change their stance

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Didn't Pujara get shafted this very test? Same as Hughes I would think?
    Yes. He had a clear inside edge and the ball moved, laterally a few inches in direction afte hitting the edge to hit the pad. The umpire missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    The same should apply here and if the Indians dont fall into line, the ICC should grow some balls and declare all tests in India as "unofficial" until they change their stance
    LOL, would hurt the ICC more than India.

And would also like to know which countries on the ICC board would vote for that. Bloody good luck to them I say. Enjoy operating with ~50% less income for the forseeable future.

Lets have realistic solutions here please.

Everyone feels weak in knees when supporting their teams, but you are amazingly pessimistic.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    And would also like to know which countries on the ICC board would vote for that. Bloody good luck to them I say. Enjoy operating with ~50% less income for the forseeable future.

Lets have realistic solutions here please.
    Tendulkar retires, new poster boys Dhoni and Kohli have a change of heart and want that system implemented. Best Case Scenario.

LOL, would hurt the ICC more than India.
    And that's the problem

The ICC has bent over and accepted everything that the BCCI has said for the past few years because of money

They need to show some integrity and backbone for a change

I didn't say it was going to happen! I was just saying....and unfortunately Gavaskar said the same thing on the air 2 minutes later. So fair enough.

Thread Information