• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
nah seriously if you're going to pick a bowling allrounder Yuvraj or Raina are better.

I hope people don't seriously think Jadeja's a better bowler than Ojha.

Flem274*

123/5
Can't stand these high ratings for Jadeja.

Just ****ing pick Yuvraj or Raina at 7, they bowl better and are better at pretending to be batsmen anyway.
No way.

Unless India have an allrounder who can bowl some seamers, even some mediums like Ganguly used to, Jadeja should be in and even then I'd only drop him for overseas matches where the third seamer who is a good batsman will be more useful.

Jadeja for home games and the other guy for away games.

Failing that just pick Jadeja.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Neither Yuvraj or Raina are Test class. Jadeja might not be either, but let's find that out. The other two - we already know.
as top 6 batsmen, no.

As number 7 bowling allrounders? I think Raina especially would give just as much as Jadeja were he given as many overs

not advocating Raina or Yuvraj by the way (hell no), just saying that I don't rate Jadeja and think Ojha is miles better and would've taken at least as many wickets as him had he been given the same opportunities.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah Jadeja comfortably outbowled Ohja in this series. Comfortably. Tailor-made tracks, sure (and I wonder what would've happened had Clarke been fully fit to bowl...) but let's be honest about this.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No look there is absolutely no way in hell Raina is anywhere near as good a bowler as Jadeja. I think I may actually be a better bowler than Raina; he doesn't even get a bowl in domestic cricket ffs. He's only a shade above Martin Guptill standard. This is junk posting.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No look there is absolutely no way in hell Raina is anywhere near as good a bowler as Jadeja. I think I may actually be a better bowler than Raina; he doesn't even get a bowl in domestic cricket ffs. He's only a shade above Martin Guptill standard. This is junk posting.
Was one of our better bowlers in England :ph34r:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So what do the fans now think of Duncan Fletcher then? It seems to me that it was almost all his fault for the 0-4, 0-4, 1-2 so presumably he's going to get a lot of credit for this series?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That is the most frustrating thing about his coaching tenure though. He doesn't talk about it and others don't talk about it from within the team and so it's anybody's guess as to what he brings to the table as a coach for this team. Something I did observe though is that both Duncan and MSD have shown a lot more emotion in this series. It could be them reacting coz of all the failures so far or it could be them being more motivated seeing such a young side looking upto them. Or a combination of both... So if the youngsters feel he is helping them, he should stay on, I believe. I still think the losses were due to how bad MSD's captaincy was, how bad our selections were, and how bad our board has been, and how relaxed our players have become after the WC. But of course, the biggest reason is how bad our players performed. :)

Valer

First Class Debutant
It's an initial 6 months. The ranking stipulation only kicks in after that 6 months is up.
Not quite, the way it reads to me is if India slips again before 6 months the ranking criteria will still be satisfied. Much like an up and in.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So what do the fans now think of Duncan Fletcher then? It seems to me that it was almost all his fault for the 0-4, 0-4, 1-2 so presumably he's going to get a lot of credit for this series?
Dhoni is a big fan.

If Duncan had any part in:
- ensuring Ashwin found out what was wrong with this bowling stride/technique and was persisted with
- dropping Sehwag
- dropping Zaheer

He has done some good for Indian cricket for sure.

Last edited: