• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't think Jadeja should play outside the subcontinent/WI at the moment. Nether he or Dhoni are good enough to bat six in foreign conditions and the bowling attack should be three seamers and Ashwin. I'm a fan but there's no place for him.

India will probably give it a go though.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I don't think Jadeja should play outside the subcontinent/WI at the moment. Nether he or Dhoni are good enough to bat six in foreign conditions and the bowling attack should be three seamers and Ashwin. I'm a fan but there's no place for him.

I don't think he should play either. However that doesn't mean it wouldn't be unfair to drop him.

That's my view of the situation anyway. He got an opportunity to play four tests and put in an awesome performance moving beyond playing well enough to be in the probables to actually putting his name in concrete.

He probably won't hold his spot in South Africa and it'll probably be a net loss if he plays. But there's no way we can not play him after 24 @ 17.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

Will you pick him or Ojha as backup spinner ? Close call but reckon they'll pick Jadeja for the extra batting, if they don't pick Harbhajan i.e.

Don't think he'll go as a all rounder though. But a bowler who can bat a bit.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't think he should play either. However that doesn't mean it wouldn't be unfair to drop him.

That's my view of the situation anyway. He got an opportunity to play four tests and put in an awesome performance moving beyond playing well enough to be in the probables to actually putting his name in concrete.

He probably won't hold his spot in South Africa and it'll probably be a net loss if he plays. But there's no way we can not play him after 24 @ 17.
If you only picked him because of the conditions then it's absolutely fair to drop him when those conditions stop being so. It's not unfair or inconsistent selection if you drop a player for team balance reasons.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Will you pick him or Ojha as backup spinner ? Close call but reckon they'll pick Jadeja for the extra batting, if they don't pick Harbhajan i.e.

Don't think he'll go as a all rounder though. But a bowler who can bat a bit.
Yeah I'd pick Jadeja over Ojha.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warner - 0
Cowan - 5
Hughes - 3
Clarke - 8
Smith - 7
Henriques - 5
Maxwell - 0
Wade - 0
Haddin - 5
James Pattinson - 5
Mitchell Starc - 2
Peter Siddle - 5
Mitchell Johnson - 0
Xavier Doherty - 0
Nathan Lyon - 5

James

Cricket Web Owner
For those of you interested, this is how Cricket Web's Fantasy Cricket saw it:

1. Ravichandran Ashwin 1015
2. Ravindra Jadeja 770
3. Murali Vijay 585
4. MS Dhoni 573
5. Cheteshwar Pujara 559
6. Nathan Lyon 504
7. Peter Siddle 434
8. Virat Kohli 389
9. James Pattinson 353
10. Michael Clarke 341
11. Ed Cowan 320
12. Glenn Maxwell 259
13. Bhuvneshwar Kumar 255
14. Shikhar Dhawan 247
15. Moises Henriques 231
16. David Warner 225
17. Sachin Tendulkar 222
18. Mitchell Starc 220
19. Steven Smith 211
20. Ishant Sharma 181
21. Matthew Wade 175
22. Phillip Hughes 162
23. Pragyan Ojha 161
24. Xavier Doherty 139
25. Harbhajan Singh 126
26. Shane Watson 109
27. Brad Haddin 98
28. Virender Sehwag 87
29. Ajinkya Rahane 18
30. Mitchell Johnson -12

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Warner - 0
Cowan - 5
Hughes - 3
Clarke - 8
Smith - 7
Henriques - 5
Maxwell - 0
Wade - 0
Haddin - 5
James Pattinson - 5
Mitchell Starc - 2
Peter Siddle - 5
Mitchell Johnson - 0
Xavier Doherty - 0
Nathan Lyon - 5
Watson doesn't even get a mention. Scathing.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warner - 0
Cowan - 5
Hughes - 3
Clarke - 8
Smith - 7
Henriques - 5
Maxwell - 0
Wade - 0
Haddin - 5
James Pattinson - 5
Mitchell Starc - 2
Peter Siddle - 5
Mitchell Johnson - 0
Xavier Doherty - 0
Nathan Lyon - 5
Series batting averages?

uvelocity

International Coach
oh man had to go to the the shops. watched the news of the last bit. what a joke we've been. also fox sports reported wade was stumped the derps

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great series. Positives are obvious - Pujara, Jadeja, Ashwin, Dhoni, Vijay, Dhawan's knock, winning 3rd test without play on day 1, winning 4 tests despite losing 4 tosses etc.

Concerns for me:

- Vijay - proved us all wrong, but I really worry about him in South Africa. Has a good technique generally but loses his concentration and is weak against the short ball.
- Rahane - early days of course but wtf was that from him? Dead set 2nd innings dismissal was horrid and Indian selectors have a habit of writing ****s off for **** like that. If Yuvraj or Raina play ahead of him I'm going to rage because Rahane played a hand in that.
- Sachin looked supreme in the first test but went downhill from here. Just is so clearly past it, but you can also argue we need him in South Africa. Such an odd predicament.
- Ishant - will never be dropped. Ever. It hurts.
- Kohli in the slips - better improve quickly.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Tendulkar's Test average now 53.86, exactly the same as Greg Chappell. I think it would be a nice tribute for him to retire now - India's greatest player linked forever to their greatest coach.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Tendulkar's Test average now 53.86, exactly the same as Greg Chappell. I think it would be a nice tribute for him to retire now - India's greatest player linked forever to their greatest coach.
:laugh:!

Tour thread's been quality today.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Series batting averages?
This should not be under appreciated either. Solid stuff.

Ashwin MOTS is so awesome. I reckon we should have dropped him though. SS too. I mean forget the fact that there was a gap in the series where Ashwin was able to adjust his bowling technique (as he explained) and that he was scoring runs, drop him!