• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha nah, been youtubing him lately. Only highlights of his boundaries obv which explain my love of him.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha nah, been youtubing him lately. Only highlights of his boundaries obv which explain my love of him.[/QUOTE

Dont worry about PEWS

He's a good player but has a couple of faults e.g. front foot play to the off side (doesnt really get forward), rotating the strike and capitalising on starts in tests

Lots of talent though

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I will probably cop some flak from this, but if we're talking about someone bat 6 in India I would much prefer Smith as a batsman alone to Khawaja at the moment. Different in Australia obviously or even maybe to bat top 3 in India, but Khawaja's front foot game just leaves me so, so cold at the moment.

Of course there are a few batsmen I'd prefer to either of them, hence my post, but from the squad selected I'm basically tossing up whether I want Smith or Maxwell in as my 11th player, and Smith wouldn't even bowl at all if I picked him.
You're such a Smith fanboy; you try and rubbish him by talking down Khawaja's front foot technique, but the support is obvious.

You're fooling nobody Cribb.

SeamUp

International Coach
I really hope Australia don't throw Agar into the Lions den or maybe worse and keep him in India and not play him.

Send him back to Perth and let him keep developing by playing FC games.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You're such a Smith fanboy; you try and rubbish him by talking down Khawaja's front foot technique, but the support is obvious.

You're fooling nobody Cribb.
:lol:

It's obvious you're a Smith fanboy because you bring it up randomly all the time, "I'd even take Steve ****ing Smith" etc etc. I'm only bringing him up here because he's actually in the squad; I'm hamstrung!

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
:lol:

It's obvious you're a Smith fanboy because you bring it up randomly all the time, "I'd even take Steve ****ing Smith" etc etc. I'm only bringing him up here because he's actually in the squad; I'm hamstrung!
Nah, just found it ironic that you had a crack at me for suggesting Smith > Maxwell as a potential Test 6, and now you're completely agreeing with me.

Would take Bailey every day of the week, FTR (despite being a Smith fanboy).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah, just found it ironic that you had a crack at me for suggesting Smith > Maxwell as a potential Test 6, and now you're completely agreeing with me.

Would take Bailey every day of the week, FTR (despite being a Smith fanboy).
Smith is definitely a better batsman than Maxwell at this point IMO, but I think you brought him up without the squad being picked as an allround option despite the fact that he hadn't bowled properly in months. Which was so typical of you. :p

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Smith is definitely a better batsman than Maxwell at this point IMO, but I think you brought him up without the squad being picked as an allround option despite the fact that he hadn't bowled properly in months. Which was so typical of you. :p
It was more a case of 'if we take Maxwell, why not take the similar option who can actually bat a little bit, given neither can bowl to anything resembling international standard?' :p

EDIT: International standard being generous. Neither can bowl to decent FC standard.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It was more a case of 'if we take Maxwell, why not take the similar option who can actually bat a little bit, given neither can bowl to anything resembling international standard?' :p
Just seemed like an excuse to bring him up. Bailey can't bowl to international standard either.

Top_Cat

Khawaja: Pressure on India tweakers

haha, I love this logic:

Australia batsman Usman Khawaja believes the weight of expectation could burden India's spinners in the Test series starting on Friday.

"The Indian spinners have a lot of pressure on them because if it is a turning wicket, they will be expected to take wickets."
Yep, that's the natural reaction to doing well, a decrease in confidence.

Spikey

Usman Khawaja went onto suggest that if they all have milk and cookies before bed time everything will be alright