• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone seen this Men Who Built America series on History channel? Fmd it's good. Better then Finding Bigfoot.

Stapel

International Regular
Reminds me of Pup not bowling Patto in the 1st Test...which everyone on here said was due to managing Pattinson's injuries....but no, it was just another case of getting funky

Clarke offered no substantial explanation for his call to limit James Pattinson to two spells of three overs each on Australia's first bowling day of the series, despite the young fast bowler ripping out two early wickets and looking the team's most dangerous bowler by a distance at arguably its most pivotal point.

"It's just the way it goes, sometimes you bowl 15 overs straight or 21 overs straight like Nathan Lyon yesterday, sometimes you bowl short spells," Clarke said. "There was no real reason behind that."

Source
TBH, I do rate Clarke as a captain. Despite not having unlimited talented players Australia used to have, he's managed well, I think.

Can't see what Watson is up to right now. It really, really is a no-brainer to bowl Pattinson.......

Teja.

Global Moderator
Australian batting stats for the series:

Clarke - 286 runs @ 47.6
Cowan - 265 runs @ 33.2
Smith - 161 runs @ 40.2
Warner - 195 runs @ 24.3
Hughes - 147 runs @ 18.3
Siddle - 139 runs @ 17.3
Wade - 113 runs @ 18.8
Watson - 99 runs @ 16.5

I don't see the rationale for dropping Cowan, at all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't even know what happened there.
Vijay got out playing what was quite possibly the worst shot I have ever seen and I ripped into him, so Senile Sentry replied to my post saying I didn't rate him with some pretty standard warmongering asking me if I rated Warner. I replied by asking him if he rated Neil McKenzie, and then again asking if he rated Dane Tilse - being of course precisely as relevant to my post as the crap he sprouted at it.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Australia joins Zimbabwe as the test nations currently that do not have any player averaging above 40 with the bat (based on last XI featured).

Last edited:

Spikey

Clarke - 286 runs @ 47.6
Cowan - 265 runs @ 33.2
Smith - 161 runs @ 40.2
Warner - 195 runs @ 24.3
Hughes - 147 runs @ 18.3
Siddle - 139 runs @ 17.3
Wade - 113 runs @ 18.8
Watson - 99 runs @ 16.5

loving how seamlessly siddle fits in here

benchmark00

Vijay got out playing what was quite possibly the worst shot I have ever seen and I ripped into him, so Senile Sentry replied to my post saying I didn't rate him with some pretty standard warmongering asking me if I rated Warner. I replied by asking him if he rated Neil McKenzie, and then again asking if he rated Dane Tilse - being of course precisely as relevant to my post as the crap he sprouted at it.
Is tilse the tall **** that plays in the forwards for Canberra?

Has "long levers", could hit the ball miles.

howardj

International Coach

Clarke - 286 runs @ 47.6
Cowan - 265 runs @ 33.2
Smith - 161 runs @ 40.2
Warner - 195 runs @ 24.3
Hughes - 147 runs @ 18.3
Siddle - 139 runs @ 17.3
Wade - 113 runs @ 18.8
Watson - 99 runs @ 16.5

career average of 33

FC average with a 3 in front of it

on the wrong side of 30

other than that, he is fine

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
No sir, that's just your version of the truth. I do not recollect one post from you commending Vijay for his immense patience and the runs he delivered in this series, yet you chose to cut into him the moment he had a bad innings. Yes it was a horrible shot, but you said, "This is why we don't rate him",

We? You are referring to yourself in the plural? Come on.

Anyways I don't want to prolong this. You're the one empowered with the ban button.