Cricket Player Manager
Page 510 of 711 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512520560610 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    it just crossed my mind that this is this series' version of warners 180 odd
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by dermo View Post
    ive missed the entire days play besides the last hour, but from what ive seen it seems to be the exact same situation as the p00ntang-****** partnership last test

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Dhawan misses the record for fastest ever double ton.

Ha.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

International Debutant aussie tragic's Avatar
    Dhawan on track for the 3rd fastest 200 ever - 182* off 157 balls

1. Astle - 153 balls
    2. Sehwag - 168 balls
    3. Sehwag - 182 balls
    4. Sehwag - 194 balls
    Last edited by aussie tragic; 16-03-2013 at 05:53 AM.

God Of The Offside

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    It's what probably has to happen with our quicks but our spinners just keep on getting taken over the top, until the field goes back and then the Indians take four an over a la one day cricket. Obviously you're alluding to that too, but India can afford to do that with their pace bowlers because their spinners are the threat.
    Yeah I'm obv just talking about our seam bowlers. Can't do that with spin bowlers.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Yes it is a good wicket to bat on and yes this is a very ordinary Austalian attack indeed but let's not run down theIndian batsmen because of that. On a batting wicket and against a mediocre attack , Shikhar dhawan's in Inge still is the most miraculous debut knock I remember seeing in half a century of watching international cricket. For the brilliant incandescent stroke play, for almost copy book carpet hugging strokes of pure elegance and sweetness. For the sheer audacity of batting the way he has done on his Test debut makes the jaw drop - irrespective of conditions and opposition. He has not shown any desire nor been required to go back and we will have to see him on wickets and against attacks that will force him to- he could yet be found out if he does not show good backfoot game. Having said that his innings today remains as good as anyone could have played and for that he needs to be admired not s******ed at.

Murali Vijay was always a good batsman even though he lost his way post IPL 2010.

It was in December 2009 that I wrote a two part feature for CW called "Redefining great batsmanship - From Sehwag to Bradman" The article was written just after Sehwag had scored 293 in a day against Srilanka and had opened the Indian in Kng's with young Murali Vijay. I quote ...

At the outset let me clarify two things. Firstly, I am not putting Sehwag in the same bracket as Sir Donald and secondly, I am not moved by the pyrotechnics of Sehwag's astonishing 293 last week to write this piece. I have been wanting to write about the phenomenon that is Virender Sehwag and this last innings only nudged me to finally put my thoughts into words. That knock was amazing in its ferocity and a stunner particularly when the realization sunk in that he was on the verge of an unprecedented third triple and may well be on course to a quadruple hundred. Yet, the most compelling part of India's two hundred run opening partnership, for me at least, was the batting of young Murali Vijay. Sadly an ugly sweep brought an end an innings of rare beauty. One hopes we do not have to wait for another wedding in the Gambhir (or Sehwag) household before we see this talented youngster again. His time is now., .
    Last edited by SJS; 16-03-2013 at 06:01 AM.

Its still probably a bit too early to say, but how many bowlers from this current squad look likely to save their place for the Ashes?

Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Its still probably a bit too early to say, but how many bowlers from this current squad look likely to save their place for the Ashes?
    probably just pattinson siddle starc johnson lyon and bird

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by ajdude View Post
    probably just pattinson siddle starc johnson lyon and bird

this has highlighted how truly **** our spinners are, cockrash was turning the odd one a ****in a mile in the first session yesterday and these two shunts havnt looked like getting anything out of the pitch. seriously something needs to be done about the dearth of spinners in this country, we've gotten by the past few summers by continually ejaculating over all our young pace bowlers, and with the state of domestic and test pitches in aus its glossed over just how **** our spinners are. if the states don't want to produce spin friendly pitches for shield games im fine with that, but its time for CA to produce some ****in dustbowls at the academy or even riggins' ****in front driveway idgaf but we need somewhere for our young spinners to fine tune their skills with the help of some ****s who actually no what their talking about like mallet and macgill not steve rixon ffs

and learn how to bowl a doosra ****s or a mystery ball or an aunty sue, call it whatever the **** you want but these ****s need some variation so ****s like dhawan will actually be cautious about coming down the wicket

and how the **** did sharma get 3 wickets

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quicks won't change IMO. Fairly sure selectors will be more cognizant of form in the ODI series just before the Ashes start.

Which means Finch and Warner will probably be opening come Trent Bridge if enough homework gets not done.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Smith actually looks like he could pose a few problems if he starts landing them properly...
    Yeah, but that's like saying I could shag Angelina Jolie if I start being handsome, rich and gain about 4" of cock.

#opengoalforsodomyjoke

Oz XI next test?

Pattinson in for X D'oh is a given, IMHO. If he's fit I'd be bringing Wade back (sans gloves) for Hughes too.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Totally different conditions so I'm not reading anything into fast bowlers performances

Reckon that Johnson is most in danger of missing out even though he hasnt played

In terms of the spinners, who gives a ****

can't believe a **** with an arm guard is on 185

Thread Information