• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is pathetic from the India A team. Particularly considering the fact no one gives a **** about this game.

wtf Rohit you dickwad (if tweet is true).
Yeah, c'd by a couple of tweeting journalists.

So a bloke who averaged 40 this Ranji season picks up 4. We should probably tone down with the celebration of Rasool's 7-fer.

Daemon

They've been asked to follow on. Stupid move. No need to give the batsmen more practice. Should've batted and got stuck into the spinners again/hoped for Watson to try his hand at bowling again and get injured.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They've been asked to follow on. Stupid move. No need to give the batsmen more practice. Should've batted and got stuck into the spinners again/hoped for Watson to try his hand at bowling again and get injured.
Reckon Oz management would be delighted with this decision

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is it too late to actually send over a number six batsman or O'Keefe? I just can't bring myself to be happy with any team composition.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Khawaja ffs
I will probably cop some flak from this, but if we're talking about someone bat 6 in India I would much prefer Smith as a batsman alone to Khawaja at the moment. Different in Australia obviously or even maybe to bat top 3 in India, but Khawaja's front foot game just leaves me so, so cold at the moment.

Of course there are a few batsmen I'd prefer to either of them, hence my post, but from the squad selected I'm basically tossing up whether I want Smith or Maxwell in as my 11th player, and Smith wouldn't even bowl at all if I picked him.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it too late to actually send over a number six batsman or O'Keefe? I just can't bring myself to be happy with any team composition.
From the squad chosen, the no. 6 has to be one of Wade, Khawaja, Henriques, Maxwell or Smith

Ideally, it would be "none of the above"

M0rphin3

International Debutant
I will probably cop some flak from this, but if we're talking about someone bat 6 in India I would much prefer Smith as a batsman alone to Khawaja at the moment. Different in Australia obviously or even maybe to bat top 3 in India, but Khawaja's front foot game just leaves me so, so cold at the moment.

Of course there are a few batsmen I'd prefer to either of them, hence my post, but from the squad selected I'm basically tossing up whether I want Smith or Maxwell in as my 11th player, and Smith wouldn't even bowl at all if I picked him.
Can't disagree tbh. Although again, I'd much prefer O'Keefe but still ATM Smith seems a better option than Uzzie.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I just realised that the Australian batsman I had the second most confidence in for this series was Phil Hughes.

Scary stuff.

Spikey

I will probably cop some flak from this, but if we're talking about someone bat 6 in India I would much prefer Smith as a batsman alone to Khawaja at the moment.

I don't think this is by any means an extreme opinion. I feel the exact same way and I would have thought others feel the same. If Warner misses, ideally I would open with Usman, but we all know Watson is grabbing that sport quicker than superman folding on laundry day so. I know which one of Smith/Usman I'd feel more comfortable with while facing spin first

Spikey

as for what to do with a full strength team i don't realyl care who grabs that last spot as long as the selection makes sense (moz playing with two spinners = makes sense. moz playing with 3 other seamers? hmmmm)

Spark

Global Moderator

tl;dr: kill me now

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
Shamya Dasgupta ‏@shamyad
Watson run out. Miscommunication between Cowan and Watson leads to Watson being stranded mid-pitch. 104/1 now.

:wub::laugh:

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Now there both out, who opens in the 1st test? Im gunna say Watson and Warner and they drop Cowan.