Page 50 of 711 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Simon Champion!
    Australia's public broadcaster said on Tuesday that it will not broadcast or report live from the upcoming cricket Test series in India after deciding not to pay inflated rights fees. The ABC said it could not afford the broadcast rights fees demanded by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), understood to be much higher for the four-Test series beginning February 22 than previous Australian tours.
    It had still intended to send veteran radio commentator Jim Maxwell, but the BCCI refused him accreditation.

"It is really disappointing," an ABC spokeswoman told AFP. It will result in it being covered through the news just like a news item but there won't be any feeds, certainly not ball-by-ball coverage."

"We are leaning on Cricket Australia to help out because this means that there is no free-to-air broadcast of what's happening over there," the spokeswoman said.

Maxwell said the BCCI instead offered him a place in a VIP box for the entire series. However, he said this invitation came "with the proviso that if I wish to report on proceedings, because I am not a rights holder, I'll have to leave the ground".

"So, obviously that is unacceptable to the ABC and we've decided not to go," he told the broadcaster.
    "Essentially it seems as though the fact that we didn't take up the rights, they feel as though as a radio reporter I don't have a position there. I am not able to report live from the ground."
    Australia state broadcaster dumps India Tests due to BCCI prices - cricketnext - IBNLive

BCCI being shunts. They've become even more dislikable under Srinivasan, if it was possible.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    This BP XI is so much better in terms of selections than what they picked for ROI in the Irani trophy.
    Yeah, except for Stuarty Binny you could make a case for all other selections being warranted.

India A side that faces Australia next has some more dodgy selections though.

parthiv patel ‏@parthiv9

Had a good day today behind the stumps on a low turning wicket...parvez rasool was out standing...

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Rassol with 7-45, wag. Was one of the very very few offies that did well in the recent season, albeit in the lower tier.
    He flights the ball from what i have heard and gives good rev's. Was a mediocre bowler but this season Bishen Singh Bedi worked with him, and he has improved considerably. Impressed Dhoni in the nets too, bowling against him before the Delhi ODI recently.

Can bat very well too actually. Finally, Bishen Singh Bedi doing some good for Indian cricket after his retirement except for blabbering about everything uselessly.

From Kashmir to Kotla: Parvez Rasool, once detained as a militant suspect, is the new posterboy of cricket in J&K : Cricket, News - India Today

Will be a great story if he makes it into the Indian team.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    If Ashwin happens to improve and Parves turns out to be gun our lower order could someday look like

Dhoni
    Ashwin
    B/P Kumar
    Parvez
    B/P Kumar/Yadav

Lower order might score more than the top in overseas tours imo

Good to see Usman opening

If he is to be a Test player, I think his future lies as an opener
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    No ABC coverage is very disappointing. Onya BCCI
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

I remember there was coverage in 2008, can't remember if there was in 2010 though. Anyone remember?

Loved being able to listen to the cricket in the car during that 2008 series. So **** from BCCI. Someone needs to **** on the doorstep asap.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    I think there was radio coverage of the 2010 series. This is dire stuff.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

yeah there was, I had no foxtel at that time
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Yeah piss poor. Just piss poor.

International Debutant
    So they priced the series out of the market then dumped on Maxwell as retaliation. Greed and spite and revenge. Such pleasant people to deal with.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Let's be honest, Jim was the only Maxwell discerning Australian supporters wanted to see in India this tour.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Langer gave Agar a massive wrap today in the papers.

Said he's the best young Australian player since Phil Hughes came on the scene as a 18 year old.

Considering the likes of Pattinson and Cummins have come on the scene, a big call I would of thought.

I've seen a bit of him, and what I've seen has been impressive.

Left armer, pretty tall for a spinner, I'd say he's about 6"2ish, gets awkward bounce and rips the odd one, Has a good arm ball. Add to that, he's a genuine #7 bat apparently.

The Vettori comparisons are pretty good, he has a very similar action/high release point, and he's a similar height to him.

Will be interesting to see how he goes today, I get the feeling if he had 6 months more under his belt, he'd be playing ahead of Doherty on a turning deck.
    Last edited by sphynx; 12-02-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Keeps his eye on the ball, which is the important part.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    i wonder how many wickets he has to take today to keep himself on the tour
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Thread Information