• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wade is a former state Aussie rules footballer, and was almost drafted into the AFL.

He'd beat the living piss out of Kohli.
How the **** did he play AFL? He'd ****ing never take a mark as he'd drop the ball everytime

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes......he was.

He was Vice Captain of Tassie's state u/18 side, and averaged over 25 disposals a game in the championships.

The fact that he had testicular cancer at the age of 16 didn't help his build up.
Just because you play in the TAC cup doesn't mean you're almost drafted. Getting almost drafted means you're in the draft, you have clubs talking to you and you don't get picked up.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Don't know anything about the AFL but I have money on Brisbane v. Western Bulldogs so I'm a Brisbane fan. :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, was going to say.

Has often made the point that people don't say 'I'm going in the backyard to play some English Premier League' so they shouldn't say they play AFL.

Horrible stuff all round here.
Yeah, being a pedantic bastard it's always annoyed me too; I even had to change the name of "AFLSim" on CS to ARS because it was pissing me off. Near enough everyone does it in Sydney though.

Last edited:

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Just because you play in the TAC cup doesn't mean you're almost drafted. Getting almost drafted means you're in the draft, you have clubs talking to you and you don't get picked up.

...?

The STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Learn to read.

I.E against NT, QLD, NSW etc.

He didn't play TAC Cup he's from Lauderdale in Tasmania, he played TSL football.

His father played for Hawthrorn, and he was Vice Captain of the STATE team, he finished third in the voting for the second division MVP.

And yes, he nominated for the draft.

I'd say that qualifies

Teja.

Global Moderator
How good is Smith against swing?

I remember people bigging him up for his bowling after his break-out shield season where he averaged 50+ with bat and ball and wondering what the **** they were on about. Good to see him bat well.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did anyone else watch Warne with Reeves in the mid innings break? Reeves is usually good but he made a huge mistake bringing Warne in to give batting advice instead of Hayden like he normally does. Warne was talking such bollocks.