• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah it does. But it's time for you to face that fact and stop pretending that dropping our best batsmen will somehow improve the side. Watch some Shield cricket and get back to us with your recommendations; I guarantee you that you'll be scratching your head.
So your solution is to stick with proven failures?

That's nonsense

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ojha's action during that lbw shout had Brumbeh's spidey senses tingling I bet.
Ha, yeah.

A lot more "work" on that one than usual.

But, as we all know, there's no benefit to finger spinners in getting a little elbow into it and the naked eye can't.... #sledgehammerirony

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!

That's nonsense
It is what it is ffs. You're better off sticking with your best players, making them get better, than getting players who aren't as good just for the sake of it.

ajdude

International Coach
is it feasible to wear steel cap boots and come down the crease and kicked every delivery for four and then dived to the ground to feign evasive action?

Daemon

Called Ojha out on his action way back in 2010 :cool:

Yeah..couple of spinners nowadays have slightly suspect actions. Botha would be one of them, maybe ojha too but not as much. Can't decide with harbhajan though, he looks decent now but his hat trick video caught the attention of a lot of people with his action.

A pace bowler who I think chucks was Kyle Mills (not that anyone cares about him)

uvelocity

International Coach
I don't think there's that much wrong with it, myself. It's obviously a big turner but I don't think it's impossible to bat on at all. I wouldn't really want to see a pitch turn more than this but this is okay.

I wouldn't say it did Test cricket no credit anyway. It was really compelling to watch India bat against Lyon, as it is to watch Smith bat at the moment. If anything is doing Test cricket no credit it's the standard of Australia's batting.
its been pretty decent but it's getting pretty difficult now. good watching though with these 2

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is compelling viewing. Quite ironic that I got some texts about how good this pitch is whilst a few complained on CW. Can't please everyone I guess.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

That's nonsense
Would love to see as you head selector as the Bangladesh side; you'd get down to the twelth eleven within a few years because everyone would just keep proving themselves as failures and giving you no alternative but to select the next best blokes forevermore.

The standard of batting in this country at the moment is poor. Add alien conditions and inexperience in them to the mix and you'll get a complete cluster**** of ****ness. It doesn't mean they aren't our best batsmen though, and if you'd rather live in denial and convince yourself that dropping our best players for the Ashes side just because their potential replacements haven't failed at this level yet, then go ahead, but it won't work.

You need to lower your expectations of our batsmen because the standard across the board isn't good at the moment.

Last edited:

benchmark00

I've got no beef with this pitch. You can make runs on it if you bat properly and there's still enough speed in the pitch that it's not slow ****ty turn.

I had bulk beef with that pitch in Sri Lanka because it was dead slow, not just a turner. Was **** to watch.

cameeel

International Captain
Surely Dhoni is in line for a fine here. The level of appealing for deliveries that are clearly off nothing but pad is ridiculous...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Has a test side ever turned around copping a whitewash in an away series to inflicting one on the same oppo in the home rubber, btw?

In series of more than (say) three tests, rather than one offs, I mean.