• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

ajdude

International Coach
OK here's a list of guys that have definitely played themselves out of an Ashes series

Cowan
Watson
Maxwell
Wade
Doherty
Khawaja (if he cant get a game for this shower then he's no hope)

I'd still pick Warner and Hughes but purely on potential
are you kidding? cowan should be inked in, wade and watson are still pencilled in

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why do these ****s keep playing back?
Playing back isn't that lethal (though it's not advised), it's the type of shot they play when going back though. You've gotta play with a vertical bat and look to punch it well forward of square. You get in to trouble when you go on the back foot and look to work to square.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Look at this. PEWS, Spikey and I agree and so Top Cat decides to bring in his mate Benchmark on a separate topic.

Bloods vs. Crips.

irfan

State Captain
massive partnership this - big call but I reckon the number of runs it brings will decide the game either way

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Sums up Australia atm when people are inking in a guy that averages low 30s with no real potential for improvement
As opposed to twenties or tens?

Yeah, it's not fantastic, but he hasn't looked incompetent and he's actually contributed consistently, which is more than you can say for the other ****s.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ishant contributes nothing at all to this Indian team. It is quite amazing how **** a cricketer can be in all facets.
Properly duffed up Hughes in the first dig, tbf. Shooting fish in a barrel as that may be.

I wonder whose initial idea it was to open with Maxwell. Generally it works by either the captain or coach having a thought then they speak to each other and then if there's a consensus it happens. Honestly can't find a reason for it tbh.
I'm basing this on very little evidence save a twatty chin and an irritating public persona, but he strikes me as the kinda of charlie who's so convinced of his own genius he'd keep banging on about how he'd smash a load opening until the coach/captain gave him enough rope to hang himself.

I tried to stop wanting to bang new David Jones ambassador Jessica Gomes, but I can't

David Bowie's real name in David Jones, he said in no way making a wafer-thin pretext just to quote the pic. :drool:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sums up Australia atm when people are inking in a guy that averages low 30s with no real potential for improvement
Yeah it does. But it's time for you to face that fact and stop pretending that dropping our best batsmen will somehow improve the side. Watch some Shield cricket and get back to us with your recommendations; I guarantee you that you'll be scratching your head.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****ing hell, this pitch is a horror

Ojha and Jadeja are just rollers and the ball is jumping everywhere