• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So what's this Agar kid all about?

Had never even heard of him until I clicked on today's scorecard. Seems to have played about half a game before the tour. Must be very well thought of.

This year's Pat Cummins?

Also continuing the disturbing trend of Australian cricketers without first names.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So what's this Agar kid all about?

Had never even heard of him until I clicked on today's scorecard. Seems to have played about half a game before the tour. Must be very well thought of.

This year's Pat Cummins?

Also continuing the disturbing trend of Australian cricketers without first names.
He was sent over as a net bowler, ended up playing the first tour game because we didn't have enough players over there yet and then played the second one too because the selectors fancied another look at him. Missed selection during the Under 19 World Cup last year because Ashton Turner is actually much better than him (and definitely not because he was injured, shh Jack :ph34r:) but played a couple of games for WA when Beer got injured and obviously impressed the right people.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Australia losing wickets to spinners in warmups. Saxena and Dhurv are nothing really special either.

But then England collapsed to Yuvraj in the warmups.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There are three 100% locks for the first test (provided attack is fully fit).

Pattinson
Siddle
Lyon

Then next in line is Starc, followed by Bird then Johnson.
Would not pick Pattinson for any of the test matches - leave him for England rather than a country where anything above the ankle is declared intimadatory bowling

Huge potential but cant stay on the paddock so both Bird and Starc (who is a better bowler than him atm anyway) should definitely be ahead of him

Unfortunately, I reckon he's well behind Mitch as well

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Seems like the selectors will go with 3 quicks, Lyon and an all-rounder. Hopefully Watson mans up to bowl but if not Henriques is the better choice at 6/7. I'd go with Patto, Siddle and Starc for the quicks. Everything about Bird says test match bowler so its a shame to leave him out but I get the feeling all the quicks will get rotated through the series.

Kind of worried that the selectors will go with Maxwell and he will do **** all.

social

Seems like the selectors will go with 3 quicks, Lyon and an all-rounder. Hopefully Watson mans up to bowl but if not Henriques is the better choice at 6/7. I'd go with Patto, Siddle and Starc for the quicks. Everything about Bird says test match bowler so its a shame to leave him out but I get the feeling all the quicks will get rotated through the series.

Kind of worried that the selectors will go with Maxwell and he will do **** all.
Watson cant bowl as history says that he will be out for the series after 10 overs

Likewise, history says Pattinson wont last 2 tests and the pitches wont suit him anyway so why bother

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Patto and Starc unlikely to get picked for 2 consecutive tests anyway. Rotate the young and fragile you know.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Patto and Starc unlikely to get picked for 2 consecutive tests anyway. Rotate the young and fragile you know.
Yeah, and I guess that also means they shouldn't both play the same Test either, otherwise you get both of them and then none of them.

social

Read a report somewhere claiming that Starc is the most durable young fast bowler in the world

From memory, he has played virtually non-stop since returning from injury about 2 years ago

Having said that, none of our young guys should be part of a 4 man attack for the foreseeable future

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dave Warner just told the Big Sports Breakfast that Watto is "one of our best players of spin".

Also mentioned he may not be fit for the test.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was sent over as a net bowler, ended up playing the first tour game because we didn't have enough players over there yet and then played the second one too because the selectors fancied another look at him. Missed selection during the Under 19 World Cup last year because Ashton Turner is actually much better than him (and definitely not because he was injured, shh Jack :ph34r:) but played a couple of games for WA when Beer got injured and obviously impressed the right people.
Giving him a 4, maybe low 5's on the kink-o-meter.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I think this is the first time since I started watching cricket regularly in 2007 that I'm not excited about a series vs Aus. Just got no faith in this batting line up anymore.

Hopefully Sachin scores big in this series, dunno whether he'll play in SA at the end of the year so it might be his last.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think this is the first time since I started watching cricket regularly in 2007 that I'm not excited about a series vs Aus. Just got no faith in this batting line up anymore.

Hopefully Sachin scores big in this series, dunno whether he'll play in SA at the end of the year so it might be his last.
Really can't see how this isn't an exciting series. The quality of cricket probably won't be as high as say Eng vs. SA or Aus vs. SA, but this series is fairly unpredictable. Aus could murder Ind, Ind could murder Aus, it could be a dull drawn series, a tight exciting drawn series, or a tight win for either side.

There are so many unknowns for this Australian team. How will their bowlers go, a lot of them haven't had much experience in India. They may gun it as they are that talented, or they may struggle. Australia's batting is probably, for Indian conditions, the weakest it has been (at least on paper) in a decade. Then you have the Indian batting line-up, will they continue to suck balls or will they click.

The only predictable thing is the Indian fast bowling. The will suck, we know that. :ph34r: