Page 453 of 711 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503553 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Biryani Pillow View Post
    This seems to be comparable to a really toxic office environment where those at the the top have called in Management Consultants who suggest pointless, flavour of the moment, buzzwords (Mission Statement anyone?) and ideas that mean, and achieve nothing but fool the management into thinking they are moving things forward.

A little too much House of Lies for you.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Whyis this weird? I am of th exact same view. What is weird is people attacking the other side IMO. Both views are reasonable.
    as is mine and I guess SS. In fact, quite a few on this thread seem to have a similar view. Just think it is all gotten forgotten in the Benchy Vs Howard and Social stuff...
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Burgey to be called burgu from now on
    if you say so, Joni

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Juno would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post

The dozy **** should be sacked until he learns to tie a ****ing tie properly.
    It's tied pretty much perfectly but has swung to the side as he walks. Pretty obvious really but feel free to keep talking...

The Test side wouldn't be hurt but given Watson is probably the world's best limited over player let's hope he doesn't ditch international cricket altogether and become a T20 mercenary.
    Last edited by Mr_Ronan; 12-03-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Biryani Pillow View Post
    This seems to be comparable to a really toxic office environment where those at the the top have called in Management Consultants who suggest pointless, flavour of the moment, buzzwords (Mission Statement anyone?) and ideas that mean, and achieve nothing but fool the management into thinking they are moving things forward. And lumping everyone together instead of seeing who each individual likes to operate differently.

Some of the reports here also suggets that certain members of the team have a great sense of entitlement without the record to deserve it (and even those with such a record should know it can go quickly).

I'm reminded of two great coaches - Clive Woodward (England Rugby) and Jimmy Johnson (Dallas Cowboys Superbowl Winner).

Woodward ensured his players were extremely well looked after - treated like VIPs in fact - but they knew that meant they had to work and behave in a manner which respected that treatment. This applied to everyone and, consequently, the top players set the mark that newer players kept to. With this in place all players were dealt with as individuals and an opinion from a debutant would be given the same weight as one from Martin Johnson, Richard Hill etc.

I can sum up Jimmy Johnson's philosphy in one quote from him (great advice for a parent, or teacher, or anyone): "If you treat someone as they are they will remain what they are. If you treat them as the could be and they should be they will BECOME what they could be and they should be."

Oh, and this situation
    Clive Woodward is a ****.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

A stressful week at work has been massively relieved by comedy provided by Clarkeh and the boys. Even when they can't compete on the field they still provide for their fans. Well played lads.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    This whole event has been scripted right out of PCB's manual on coaching. Ijaz you sly Butt.

Watto apparently did an interview with Jonesy this morning on Sydney radio. Tough gig.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Siddle for VC.

Grabbing a picket aws.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Jesus Christ, they didn't do their home work? I did mine.

- Burgeinho, just now.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Hilarious. Acting like you're not out every time, even when you're clearly out, makes the whole team lose respect for you. You want to support your bloke and arc up when he gets a roughy but when he's pulling that **** all the time..... that he's using up reviews would ramp the gear grinding beyond pain.

Plus, even worse, he wasn't performing. I'm sure the team got sick and tired of Yet Another Warnie Scandal(tm) but when he wasn't taking poles, such as in the WI in '99, he had to go. And, I might add, he had a similar level of dummy spit. Warne eventually realised he needed the team as much as they needed him (or more) and pulled his game together, got fitter, developed new deliveries, etc. I dunno if the same will apply to Watto, doesn't strike me as the re-invention type.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 12-03-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Could write a series of novels on events like these.
    Srs? Yours would be bigger than the bible! Just head to any basketball or video game related thread.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    anyway, it's become clear the aus. dressing room needs to lift the culture slider #civ4jokes
    Marry me plz.

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    should whip/draft a stack of rifles and capture Mohali imo
    Also you.

#<3sciv4
    Last edited by Ausage; 12-03-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Hilarious. Acting like you're not out every time, even when you're clearly out, makes the whole team lose respect for you. You want to support your bloke and arc up when he gets a roughy but when he's pulling that **** all the time..... that he's using up reviews would ramp the gear grinding beyond pain.

Plus, even worse, he wasn't performing. I'm sure the team got sick and tired of Yet Another Warnie Scandal(tm) but when he wasn't taking poles, such as in the WI in '99, he had to go. And, I might add, he had a similar level of dummy spit. Warne eventually realised he needed the team as much as they needed him (or more) and pulled his game together, got fitter, developed new deliveries, etc. I dunno if the same will apply to Watto, doesn't strike me as the re-invention type.
    Good point re: Warnie.

The fact that makes it worse though is that Watson isn't fit to lace Warnie's boots - at least Warnie was a once in a lifetime cricketer so he won us a heap of Tests. Same cant be said for Watto.

Had half a chance to be apologetic and cop it last night too, and he couldn't even man up when he spoke to the press.

Thread Information