• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But if Cook were to get injured in the next series, KP wouldnt be given his spot

CA is sending out conflicting signals after dropping Watson for attitude problems and then rewarding him the very next game with the top spot. Not sure what transpired during the course of that one game.
Watson failed to do a task asked of him. Reacted very poorly with his comments (he was always going home due to the birth of his child).

But Arthur came out and said that not once has he ever questioned Watson's commitment or preparation up until that point.

The timing of the incident was poor, as was his public reaction, but to carry on like it's the worst thing in the world to have him captain after being a long term member of the term and a long time vice captain and being the only player in the side who has captain the side is stupid.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Hope we are able to wrap up the tail. this has been a recurring problem for India
Well that's always been a problem. Ideally, you either need someone like Kumble, or a really good fast bowler who can accurately bowl full and straight. But you can't complain considering how the Indian spinners have bowled to the top/middle order....

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Warne brought up a great point - that ball that Hughes got - it's nice that players had helmets. But they had plenty of pitches with crazy bounce before helmets - I'm shocked more people didn't die in Test cricket. I mean, tailenders at least?

Last edited:

benchmark00

Warne brought up a great point - that ball that Hughes got - it's nice that players had helmets. But they had plenty of pitches with crazy bounce before helmets - I'm shocked more people didn't die in Test cricket. I mean, tailenders at least?
a) it wasn't the done thing to bounce tail enders
b) techniques have evolved with the flattening of the pitches. Back in the day players were alot more back foot oriented.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
a) it wasn't the done thing to bounce tail enders
b) techniques have evolved with the flattening of the pitches. Back in the day players were alot more back foot oriented.
b) yea, definitely. That, and they knew what could happen so I suppose they were also better at getting out of the way.

But that ball for example wasn't really that short.

Burgey

Did you actually read what I said?

It doesn't matter how bad either team gets, I mean you can't get much worse than losing 4-0 in a 4 match series anyway - that's not the point.

When you crawl back to Watson and make him captain, that is something else entirely. This should be as remarkable as the underarm delivery incident, but in a much more un-Australian way.

Every team will be ****e at some point, but at least retain some dignity and professionalism.
I don't read what you say. I see your avatar and have a chop at you because I don't rate your contributions in any way, shape or form. Until you've put down the Dr Pepper, left the house and played something other than hall way cricket, I never will.

Burgey

Pacers invariably bowled very full to tailenders in the very old days.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
They're doing their bit anyway. Australia's tail end isn't weak. India's, on the other hand...wait, you have three run-scoring options, of which two have struggled. I wonder how much of a difference a bowler at 150 clicks would make for India in such times- that question came up to Sunny.