Page 451 of 711 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

International Debutant harsh.ag's Avatar
    Whatever may happen at the end of all this, the whole episode is going to have the worst repercussions for Australian school children..
    If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand back and watch children cry.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    'ive been playing against and with michael clarke since i was twelve years old. so we go way back. further back than this rugby guy who has only been in cricket for a year and a half.'

or something to that effect
    seems like Howard knows Watson better than Watson knows himself
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Good article that. Explains a lot
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

The dozy **** should be sacked until he learns to tie a ****ing tie properly.

Pattinson accepts punishment

balls drop at 4:21

Don't get this whole ''he's a rugby guy'' nonsense, Howard is a perfomance manager and the end of the day his work will be analysed by his employers and if they don't find it satisfactory enough then he will be shown the door, someone like Mike Young played a big part in making a good Australian fielding unit turn into an outstanding fielding unit, but at that time nobody complained that he was a baseball guy.

It gives me no pride to say this about an Australian player but at this juncture of their respective careers both Watson and Johnson seem to have money as the 'only' motivation behind them playing for Australia, their conduct before and after this episode has made that all too clear for everyone to see.

It took guys like Howard and Arthur sometime but at least they have taken some action now and if nothing else this episode could work as a wake-up call for every player involved in the national set-up and put the message across that a lethargic attitude is no longer going to be tolerated.

Johnson, the guy who repeatedly avoided the IPL?

There's plenty of things to criticise him about, but not sure being a money chaser is one.

State Vice-Captain kykweer.proteas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post

The dozy **** should be sacked until he learns to tie a ****ing tie properly.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Why on earth have they picked a vice-captain who only 'sometimes' plays for the team? That is utterly bonkers!

Quote Originally Posted by ajdude View Post
    Pattinson accepts punishment

balls drop at 4:21
    nah **** thats the shock collar they pinned on them to get him to do that interview
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    anyway, it's become clear the aus. dressing room needs to lift the culture slider #civ4jokes
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Johnson, the guy who repeatedly avoided the IPL?

There's plenty of things to criticise him about, but not sure being a money chaser is one.
    Johnson is the same guy who said that he was contemplating quitting the game because of his poor form before he got injured in South Africa, now between then and now not much has changed, he was bowling **** then and he is bowling **** now, so its hard to find any other real motivation behind him playing for Australia other than money.
    Apart from CA no other employer in the world would ever put you in the top salary bracket despite being a mediocre performer, hence guys like Johnson and Watson are making the most of it while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    benchmark00 in why doesnt everyone agree with me meltdown moment
    Could write a series of novels on events like these.

Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Why on earth have they picked a vice-captain who only 'sometimes' plays for the team? That is utterly bonkers!
    He was basically the only option. (Plus Howard wasn't on board at the time anyway). Clearly they didn't consider Haddin, Hussey and Ponting (Haddin was VC for the last Ashes test when Clarke took over, but given he didn't get the FT job he was presumably not considered), the 4 bowlers at the time couldn't get it because they were all on the verge of being dropped (Siddle/MJ/Hilf/spinner), so there's 7 names gone. Katich's replacement (Hughes) and the number 6 replacement (Usman at first) obviously weren't getting it, so that's 9 options ruled out. And Clarke couldn't be the VC, so there's Watson, last man standing.

Also:

When asked if he accepted he'd done the wrong thing by not filling out the forms as asked, he had by not doing it ''at the exact time''.

''I, with a few other guys, took it as leading into the Test match and I got that extremely wrong, which meant that it's cost me a Test match,'' he said. ''They [the leadership group] obviously thought that was the right decision for the team at this point in time. I accept that I did the wrong thing with what I did, but I will always find it very hard to accept being suspended from a Test match for my country.
    Watson wastes no time in hitting out

amazing

Thread Information