Page 450 of 711 FirstFirst ... 350400440448449450451452460500550 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

My problem is that the management and selectors also need to come forward and admit that they were too slow to address these problems and some accountability is required to be shown on that front too.

Pat Howard is just now coming out and saying Watson is a ''sometimes'' team player, my interpretation of this is, that they think he didn't always play for the team. Now since they knew this all along, they should have taken action a long time ago, test records of both Johnson and Watson are so poor over the last couple of years that they shouldn't have been anywhere near the side, yet they have been picked in the side over this period as if they were automatic selections, this could have only made them a lot more cocky in regard to their standing in the side.

Good to hear the things young Pattinson has said in the media, makes him come across as a bloke with a strong character and frankly speaking if one didn't knew better you could be fooled into thinking that Watson was 22 and Pattinson was 31 after reading their respective media statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Cevno posted an article over at CricSim which had Arthur calling him professional like 10 times, which suggests to me he wasn't one of the repeat offenders tbh. What are these Pat Howard comments?
    I wouldn't read too much into what Arthur or Clarke have said about Watson. Publically they have to back him because Watson's position in the squad and as vice captain isn't in their hands. Arthur would look pretty stupid if he came out and slated Watson in the press only for Watson to be named vice captain for the Ashes.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    The vice-captain says the penalty is 'very harsh', but what does Skidmark think?

He thinks on the eve of a series deciding Test, now might be a good time to make a point about discipline over what by any measure is a minor infraction

It's cracking a nut with a sledge-hammer in a desperate bid to be seen to be tough and be seen to be doing something on a tour where you've presided over really poor on-field performances
    Well, we do have a habit of selecting our 3rd 11 for a series deciding test...maybe is is just an excuse to do so again.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAngas View Post
    So what do you all think for the team that's going to play the next test?

I think the most likely is probably:

Ed Cowan
    David Warner
    Phil Hughes
    Michael Clarke (c)
    Matthew Wade\Brad Haddin (wk)
    Moises Henriques
    Glenn Maxwell
    Peter Siddle
    Mitchell Starc
    Xavier Doherty
    Nathan Lyon

or

Ed Cowan
    David Warner
    Phil Hughes
    Michael Clarke (c)
    Steve Smith
    Matthew Wade\Brad Haddin (wk)
    Moises Henriques
    Glenn Maxwell
    Peter Siddle
    Mitchell Starc
    Xavier Doherty\Nathan Lyon
    Ideally it'd be as follows:

Norman Lindsey
    Thomas Keneally (wk)
    Miles Franklin
    Bryce Courtenay
    Richard Flanagan
    Henry Lawson (c)
    Colin Thiele
    Clive James
    Matthew Reilly
    John Marsden
    Tim Winton

no room for banjo?! selection disgrace
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post

Cant write 10 words one day, delivers the cricketing equivalent of the State of the Union Address the next
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Yes mate, Pattinson (a young player with the world at his feet) is going to come out reading a prepared statement saying you're all a bunch of ****s

Anyway, for the record, what did one of the other players (i.e. Watson) say about the punishment?
    To be fair to Pattinson, I saw him delivering some of those quotes in a TV interview where he wasn't reading off notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    saw this on facebook. thought it was quality.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    no room for banjo?! selection disgrace
    I asked him to write 3 ways Australia could improve and he gave me a poem about a bloke riding a ****ing horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    I asked him to write 3 ways Australia could improve and he gave me a poem about a bloke riding a ****ing horse.

watson just kicked pat howard in the balls at the airport. boom.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post

watson just kicked pat howard in the balls at the airport. boom.
    wait what actually happened? bernie coen's saying something's happened too

'ive been playing against and with michael clarke since i was twelve years old. so we go way back. further back than this rugby guy who has only been in cricket for a year and a half.'

or something to that effect

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Would be hilarious **** Aussie All-rounder arrested for nut cracking.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

I won't be surprised if Haddin plays in the next test purely as a batsman in case Wade is fit to play, also there is no point in flying Haddin all the to way to India to just warm the bench especially when we as a team are so light on experience.

1.Cowan
    2.Warner
    3.Hughes
    4.Clarke
    5.Haddin
    6.Wade
    7.Henriques
    8.Starc
    9.Siddle
    10.Lyon
    11.Doherty

That will be my XI from the available players, but for the conditions in Mohali we definitely needed an extra fast bowler instead of two spinners and that is something that could trouble us through the game, the amazing thing is a guy like Bird left the squad almost two weeks ago yet the selectors didn't feel it was necessary to send a replacement for him, that extra bowling option certainly could have come in handy at this point.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    I won't be surprised if Haddin plays in the next test purely as a batsman in case Wade is fit to play, also there is no point in flying Haddin all the to way to India to just warm the bench especially when we as a team are so light on experience.

1.Cowan
    2.Warner
    3.Hughes
    4.Clarke
    5.Haddin
    6.Wade
    7.Henriques
    8.Starc
    9.Siddle
    10.Lyon
    11.Doherty

That will be my XI from the available players, but for the conditions in Mohali we definitely needed an extra fast bowler instead of two spinners and that is something that could trouble us through the game, the amazing thing is a guy like Bird left the squad almost two weeks ago yet the selectors didn't feel it was necessary to send a replacement for him, that extra bowling option certainly could have come in handy at this point.
    If your going to play Haddin at least play him as the keeper Wade's ****ing appalling

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    The coach can't go around saying "and if you don't do it I'll send you home." After every instruction he gives.

According to management theory he can't even mention the penalty for non compliance for important tasks as otherwise his less important tasks that he doesn't mention a penalty for, that are still non optional, will be ignored. Furthermore going around issuing instructions and saying "do this or else" in any circumstance is not recommended as it alienates people. You can argue that the coach has alienated more people by punishing people without a warning. But he would simply lose control of the team and people would escalate complaints about him if he used "or else" statements even it was only every now and again and certainly if it was a habit.
    First up its fair to say the players are aware of what is a sackable offence and this isn't one of them. So an exception could be made to explain the severity of the consequences on this occasion.

Bcos its an exception he's obliged to communicate something to the players. But as you say such threats lose impact over time. But not informing and then punishing people also alienates them. You say that too. So if he only thought about it he'd realise he was in a double bind. Logically then he would have abandoned the whole process accordingly or tried to get the response he wanted by another method. He didn't. So he has to wear the criticism for the exercise and its fall out.

Thread Information