• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Love how the Indians appeal with such conviction for something that is not even close to being out - it really is an art form

dermo

International Vice-Captain
****ing warne, not a mention of how **** maxwell's shot was, it was one of the worst of the series given the game situation, and this was the **** who wanted him batting 3, the **** who just threw his wicket away like its the ****ing bbl in a test match at when your side is 5 down in the second session of day 1 for **** all.

WAC

ganeshran

International Debutant
Hussey has shut the door on a return

But will stomp around India in April and May for the IPL

So would I, but not if my rationale for retiring from international cricket was to not be away from home
The difference is that IPL is only for a couple of months while the rigors of international cricket are all year round, and to add IPL to that. I can understand how it affects young families. Maybe CA should allow spouses to travel with the cricketers.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The difference is that IPL is only for a couple of months while the rigors of international cricket are all year round, and to add IPL to that. I can understand how it affects young families. Maybe CA should allow spouses to travel with the cricketers.
They do.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Johnson's defence is disgraceful against spin; he should look to play his shots here. Not slogging or hitting over the top extravagantly, but stroking the ball and looking to score briskly.

the big bambino

International Captain
Dar was a great umpire even without DRS. But yeah with DRS, the impact of umpiring errors come down and they are perceived to be better at their job.
Ive been surprised how often the drs vindicates them. Much more than the players. Can't help feeling that they appreciate the technology and makes them more confident in their abilities rather than succumbing to pressures.

We're down to Mitch already. Our tail might start at 4 but atleast it has depth. :ph34r:

benchmark00

Ive been surprised how often the drs vindicates them. Much more than the players. Can't help feeling that they appreciate the technology and makes them more confident in their abilities rather than succumbing to pressures.

We're down to Mitch already. Our tail might start at 4 but atleast it has depth. :ph34r:
I have a theory that the DRS weakens an umpires decision making ability.

So an umpire's decision making skills prior to DRS would be better than if they have DRS then have it taken away.

Just a little theory I have.

howardj

International Coach
Even so, guys like Watson earned $6 million last year (Hussey presumably similar)

That dewarfs what Hussey is earning in the IPL, even if you pro rata it for the time spent away from home

the big bambino

International Captain
I have a theory that the DRS weakens an umpires decision making ability.

So an umpire's decision making skills prior to DRS would be better than if they have DRS then have it taken away.

Just a little theory I have.
Hmmm. Like a crutch. Scratching my chin over that one. Could be...could be...

Only one thing is certain though. BCCI are ****s.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Even so, guys like Watson earned $6 million last year (Hussey presumably similar)

That dewarfs what Hussey is earning in the IPL, even if you pro rata it for the time spent away from home
I don't think any cricketers retire simply because they earn more (presently) in the IPL . Without international recognition and regular match practice, their IPL worth would go down pretty quickly anyway.

But it does allow them to make the retirement call a bit early.

Spikey

well, he does want to play. he just doesn't want to be away from home. if every ashes test was in perth

dermo

International Vice-Captain
if jadeja takes another wicket here warne and shastri will be out there sucking him off before you can say x-factor