Cricket Player Manager
Page 441 of 711 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    I'd prefer to face a team that Shane Watson is in and being a destabilising influence - "hey guys, where should I bat this Test? Nowhere? **** Test cricket, it's boring anyway."

He's crossed the point of no return mate. Australia's top four redemption doesn't start with him.
    Mate, these guys are asked questions by the press in interviews

People are trying to frame Watson up for coming out and making a speech titled "I want Ed Cowan's spot and want him to be dropped".

He answered a question honestly on where he'd like to bat
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    If the only thing between me and a Test cap was 200-300 words of self-flagellating doublespeak, I would have done it on the team bus three minutes after I'd got the memo.

If you don't want it badly enough, you'll never get a more spectacular chance to show how.
    But nobody knew that the 200-300 words stood between them and a Test cap

That's the point

There was no communication of the totally disproportionate penalty that would apply for what is, all told, a fairly minor infraction.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    at the top level I like to think players are smart enough (even watson, mj and pattinson) to do what the coach says after 2 horrible loses. they didn't do the task. they've haven't prepared for the next test in the way asked of them. i think it's a pretty proportionate penalty
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

“It is something that should have been completed and as a member of the team the others take full responsibility for it,” Pattinson said. “It should have been done, all the other players bar four got it in.
    Advertisement

There is no excuse. It is disappointing to miss a Test match. It is something you personally love doing, but again when you took a look at the bigger picture, you understand what has happened and why it has
    happened.

“(Arthur) wanted it in by Saturday night and it was one of those things where I didn't put in 100 per cent for the team. It was part forgetting and at this level you can't forget. It's pretty cut-throat and personally not good enough. It wasn't a hard task at all and it was something that was very valuable for the team going forward.

“It comes down to preparation for a Test, you can prepare in the nets and the batting, bowling and fielding but preparing off the field as well is just as important as well. It comes down to not preparing well
    enough for the next Test.”

Australian management have explained that the standing down of the quartet – which could leave the squad with only 12 available players for the third Test – was a tipping point rather than an isolated incident. They point to a general slide in attitude, which came to a head when Pattinson, Watson, Johnson and Khawaja failed to follow a particular order.

Pattinson said the four had apologised to teammates at training at the Punjab Cricket Association Stadium on Monday.

“We have had a few issues in the team, ones that I don't really want to go into but it builds up and it is the final straw so to speak,” Pattinson said.

“We need to send a message to the team, not just myself but everyone else. We have to take responsibility for where we are at as a team. We are a group of young players, we are not a group of great players like
    we've had in the past that can sometimes get away with it because they have performances on the board.

“We don't have that. As a team we have to take responsibility moving forward because we are young men and we haven't made it in Test cricket. At the moment, we have to do everything right to make us into
    a great team.”

“People talk about it as a harsh punishment but looking deeply into it you realise probably it’s not. If you want to be part of the Australian cricket team you have to do everything right. It’s not acceptable. I believe it’s the right punishment. Everyone in the group needs to understand that this is the lengths we need to go to to be
    successful as a team.”

Read more: No excuses from repentant Pattinson
    Patto's words.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

forever 63*

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Your mama View Post
    If khawaja was south african i think he would have played more than 6 tests by now.
    Absolutely; someone's got to make Joe Root fight for his place.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

So Clarke and Watson have "normal difficulties in a relationship".

Oh boy

The Captain and Head Coach must also ensure the team is learning, quickly and actively
    — A culture of improvement and learning is critical to any high-performing organisation
    — It is particularly important for the Australian Team now (and High Performance system more generally) as there are few if any players in total command of their games. This mastery needs to be built as actively and quickly as possible.
    — What we want to see is a hunger to play, a hunger to improve, a hunger to win and a
    hunger to be the best in the world
    Usman has a hunger to play, to play Call of Duty M I RITE GUYS?>!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    at the top level I like to think players are smart enough (even watson, mj and pattinson) to do what the coach says after 2 horrible loses. they didn't do the task. they've haven't prepared for the next test in the way asked of them. i think it's a pretty proportionate penalty
    Being axed for not doing 'creative writing homework' IS pretty disproportionate if your job happens to be cricket.

However, I think that we can safely say that the 'home-work' issue was really the end-point of some major sodding about by 4 blokes not concentrating on their respective jobs.

The 'straw that broke the camel back' as it were.
    Len Hutton - Jack Hobbs - Ted Dexter - Peter May - Walter Hammond - Frank Woolley - Ian Botham - Alan Knott - Hedley Verity - John Snow - Fred Trueman

Victor Trumper - Bill Lawry - Don Bradman - Greg Chappell - Allan Border - Keith Miller - Adam Gilchrist - Alan Davidson - Shane Warne - Dennis Lillee - Glenn McGrath

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    So Clarke and Watson have "normal difficulties in a relationship".

Oh boy
    why doesn't pup let me captain more test matches? #shanewatsonthoughts

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    Being axed for not doing 'creative writing homework' IS pretty disproportionate if your job happens to be cricket.

uh they weren't asked to write a 2 page short story. they were asked to provide feedback so as to possibly improve the team and player for the next two tests. not doing that is not preparing in the way for the next test in the way asked to, and therefore you've opened yourself up to being suspended for the next match

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Patto's words.
    And that's why Pattinson performs to his best on a regular basis and the other blokes struggle. No whinging, just getting on with it.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

I wonder if Patto is actually one of the repeat offenders. I suspect there was a decision made that whoever next crossed the line copped it in the neck, and he just happened to be one of them.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    I wonder if Patto is actually one of the repeat offenders. I suspect there was a decision made that whoever next crossed the line copped it in the neck, and he just happened to be one of them.
    Ditto with Watson, judging from Mickey Arthur's comments.

Nah I can believe that Watson is one of the repeat offenders. See Pat Howard's comments. I don't doubt Watson's dedication to his own game, mind...

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Please let him be one of the repeat offenders.

Thread Information