• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

ganeshran

International Debutant
I don't think Watson will captain, atleast if Clarke still has a say in the selection. Would be strange on the part of Arthur and Clarke to drop a player for attitude problems and then making him the captain the very next match

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Your bowling has been absolute toilet though. Which isn't something that can be aimed at England on their last 3 Asian tours. And the batting's been the same old '**** the bed ajd get out out for 150-200' performance we've been seeing for ages. When India got their lead you just knew Australia would collapse and set India a meagre target.
I think the key difference is our spinners. They've been terrible whereas yours were gun. Seam there's little difference though.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I don't think Watson will captain, atleast if Clarke still has a say in the selection. Would be strange on the part of Arthur and Clarke to drop a player for attitude problems and then making him the captain the very next match
Apparently that's what will happen if Clarke isn't fit. He's the VC so he play's and captains or you have to strip the VC.

Spark

Global Moderator
Your bowling has been absolute toilet though. Which isn't something that can be aimed at England on their last 3 Asian tours. And the batting's been the same old '**** the bed ajd get out out for 150-200' performance we've been seeing for ages. When India got their lead you just knew Australia would collapse and set India a meagre target.
Mm, that's true, but you have actual spinners and we don't.

I mean, you're not going to look at this series and hence conclude that a (say) Pattinson/Bird/Harris/Starc/Siddle attack for the Ashes is nothing worry about, are you?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
There's also the fact that Gambhir, Yuvraj, Chawla, and Viru (only 2 tests) haven't played against the Aussies. Jadeja only came in during the final test on the worst pitch of the season, had Jadeja played in Mumbai he would have gunned it because it was a pitch that perfectly suited his style of bowling.

Bhuvi has also bowled some key spells during the Aus series. The changes made after the England loss definitely helped India a fair bit against the Aussies as well.

the big bambino

International Captain
How badly hurt is Bird though? Might miss the ashes altogether. On the assumption he's out the 5 pace men should be Patto, Sids, Starckers, Rhino and Mitch. Hilf on stand by.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
breaking... Watson to captain ... BUmble listed a list of complaints made about Watson's behaviour including lateness, talk back etc but now he's back as captain after being dropped from the team in the last test...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Twatto captain :laugh:

Was refusing to believe it, somehow just expected something would intervene, like Clarke would be play in a wheelchair just to ensure such a travesty never occurred.

What a sad sad day this is.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can we use the special commemorative coin I had struck at the toss?
#shanewatsonthoughts

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now that I'm captain, I have to make extra sure that I use up a review when I'm out LBW.

#ShaneWatsonThoughts