• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Lets be honest, our tour has gone about as well as England's tour to UAE. Pakistan have the better bowling attack than , but the conditions weren't nearly as spin friendly as what we've come up against here.

It took England three consecutive series up against spin to get it right; whereas we have three players from our top 6 missing from our last subcontinental tour of eighteen months ago. It doesn't excuse the effort in this tour, but it might provide some context.

the big bambino

International Captain
Cricinfo says Clarke is touch and go to play. Still if he's in that much doubt do we want to play him? The series has gone and he'd have to bat 3 days just to get us a draw. He might do some lasting damage to it then. So I'm favouring resting him and I don't care if that makes Watson captain. It'd be a joke but we've cracked plenty on this tour already. Besides it'd be even funnier if we didn't pick Watson to stand in as skip. I mean why pick him as vc in the 1st place if you don't select him when Clarke is injured. It'd make a tool of the decision to give him the vc ship in the 1st place.

So we're stuck with him; sook that he is. With Clarke out Smith and Henriques can both play though I'd prefer Usman to the latter. Watson at 4. Dear me. Without Clarke our batting is ****tier than the sides of the late 70s and mid 80s.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lets be honest, our tour has gone about as well as England's tour to UAE. Pakistan have the better bowling attack than , but the conditions weren't nearly as spin friendly as what we've come up against here.

It took England three consecutive series up against spin to get it right; whereas we have three players from our top 6 missing from our last subcontinental tour of eighteen months ago. It doesn't excuse the effort in this tour, but it might provide some context.
The difference was England managed to bowl out Pakistan cheaply pretty consistently on that tour. Only the batting was a problem. Can't say that about this series so far.

Spark

Global Moderator
The batting was a huge problem, though. Their middle order collectively averaged something like 10.

I mean, we've been bad, but we haven't been that bad - we've put a reasonable first innings on the board in two out of the three games, though we still haven't had a good third innings score in India since forever.

pup11

International Coach
The batting was a huge problem, though. Their middle order collectively averaged something like 10.

I mean, we've been bad, but we haven't been that bad - we've put a reasonable first innings on the board in two out of the three games, though we still haven't had a good third innings score in India since forever.
AWTA
I think we have done as well as we could have with the current set of players, can't recall when was the last time we brought so many batsmen who were in their early 20's to a place like India. To their credit apart from Maxwell every other young player has atleast a score of 50 or above to show for their toil.

Bowling especially the spin department has been the real issue, didn't expected any match winning hauls from Lyon, but even if he had bowled steadily we could have fared a lot better in this series.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

Pace bowling has been disappointing IMO

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I've seen at least 1 article saying Maxwell is a chance at a recall so that's a worry. I guess he would be in for Doherty as the 2 nd spinner? No Clarke, no Haddin and Smith, Moz and Maxwell in the line up.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Your bowling has been absolute toilet though. Which isn't something that can be aimed at England on their last 3 Asian tours. And the batting's been the same old '**** the bed ajd get out out for 150-200' performance we've been seeing for ages. When India got their lead you just knew Australia would collapse and set India a meagre target.