• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

biased indian

International Coach
Not really because all the countries who'd on the one hand vote to make all matches unofficial would still line up to tour India....so I'm not sure what that'd accomplish. What would need to happen is that England, Australia, SA, SL, WI (or at leas the first three) all have to agree not to play India at all, in ODIs, Tests, etc.

Good luck with getting that to happen over something as small as UDRS.
i don't think its ever going to happen...and say it happened it will still be trouble for the other teams as BCCI will have 3 IPL in one calender year and all worlds leading players will be playing ipl with 3 times the salary they currently getting :)

biased indian

International Coach
symonds has nothing to do with this that was clearly a no ball
they should ask third umpire to check for the no ball on all delivery and relive the field umpire form that....and as i understand the third umpires are supposed to check for no balls on all the delivery where a wicket as fallen rt ? so how come this was missed !!

biased indian

International Coach
they should ask third umpire to check for the no ball on all delivery and relive the field umpire form that....and as i understand the third umpires are supposed to check for no balls on all the delivery where a wicket as fallen rt ? so how come this was missed !!
apparently cricnfo is saying that they did check it...

"the thing is, they stopped him, and checked the replays, but deemed the delivery legitimate. a question of interpretation perhaps?"

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hasn't the rule changed to tell that you can start with that position but bring it back to normal before the ball is bowled? Or was it the other way? Either way, very odd they will say that is NOT a no ball...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

"the thing is, they stopped him, and checked the replays, but deemed the delivery legitimate. a question of interpretation perhaps?"
I really don't care that much given how poorly we've played, but how the **** is whether a foot is behind the line or not a "matter of interpretation?"

adub

International Captain

Third Umpie's Labrador wasn't familiar with the rule.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I really don't care that much given how poorly we've played, but how the **** is whether a foot is behind the line or not a "matter of interpretation?"
It can be a bit of a grey area as to exactly when you make the call of where the foot is with spinners because
a) they bowl with their heel in the air, so the umpire has parallax error to deal with when making the call (obviously not so with replays)
b) they don't tend to plant their foot as firmly as fast bowlers so it can move in the delivery action

Which is why we're unfortunately unlikely to see an automated solution for a long, long time. It's really not always cut and dry.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol @ a discussion FINALLY about Sachin not batting anywhere but 4 and forcing batting order rejigging just for that in case of injuries... Never thought Ravi would be the one to initiate that discussion too. Laxman's response was priceless :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
lol @ a discussion FINALLY about Sachin not batting anywhere but 4 and forcing batting order rejigging just for that in case of injuries... Never thought Ravi would be the one to initiate that discussion too. Laxman's response was priceless :)
Haha, I had it muted. What was the response?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He was silent for a moment and then laughed and said something like Sachin just likes to bat at 4... But that pause and the smile said a lot, I felt.