• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wont happen in India as their spinners will always bowl with a lot of people around the bat with the fieldsmen appealing for everything

Only stands to reason that they will benefit from more dodgy decisions than most opposing teams
Never ever thought I'd say this as that Test almost made me quit watching cricket but India need another Sydney.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Poor decisions **** me regardless of who they go against. It really pisses me off that both sides have to agree to DRS. The BCCI morons who are against DRS should crawl back into the primordial soup they came out of.
Completely agree. There are two changes one would like ICC to implement and, one hopes, BCCI won't have an argument to oppose

1 The choice of DRS or not should be left to the home side. Lets have DRS all over the world except Tests in India.

2. Let the bowling side choose the make of cricket ball they want to use in a series. Let every series be played with bowlers of both sides having at least the ball of their choice even if they can't do anything about conditions afoot and ambient.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Hmm, if Australia can bat for another 20-25ish overs @ 3-4 rpo, it could start to get difficult to chase it down in time. These guys have already been in for 8.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Decisions lately, on the whole, have been neutral or favorable to India. Just the law of averages will tell you that sooner or later they'll go the other way. Hopefully sooner, so then everyone can be under the same rules.
Didn't Pujara get shafted this very test? Same as Hughes I would think?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Completely agree. There are two changes one would like ICC to implement and, one hopes, BCCI won't have an argument to oppose

1 The choice of DRS or not should be left to the home side. Lets have DRS all over the world except Tests in India.

2. Let the bowling side choose the make of cricket ball they want to use in a series. Let every series be played with bowlers of both sides having at least the ball of their choice even if they can't do anything about conditions afoot and ambient.
I dont think (1) is reasonable as one country should not be allowed to dictate playing conditions to the rest of the world

In golf atm, anchoring of the putter against a golfer's body is going to be outlawed in about 3 years despite many countries golf associations being against the rule.

However, being honourable people, most are indicating that it would be ludicrous to have a situation where one thing was allowed in one country and outlawed elsewhere

The same should apply here and if the Indians dont fall into line, the ICC should grow some balls and declare all tests in India as "unofficial" until they change their stance

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And would also like to know which countries on the ICC board would vote for that. Bloody good luck to them I say. Enjoy operating with ~50% less income for the forseeable future.

Lets have realistic solutions here please.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, if Australia can bat for another 20-25ish overs @ 3-4 rpo, it could start to get difficult to chase it down in time. These guys have already been in for 8.
Everyone feels weak in knees when supporting their teams, but you are amazingly pessimistic. :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And would also like to know which countries on the ICC board would vote for that. Bloody good luck to them I say. Enjoy operating with ~50% less income for the forseeable future.

Lets have realistic solutions here please.
Tendulkar retires, new poster boys Dhoni and Kohli have a change of heart and want that system implemented. Best Case Scenario.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I didn't say it was going to happen! I was just saying....and unfortunately Gavaskar said the same thing on the air 2 minutes later. So fair enough.

Teja.

Global Moderator
If we're trying to close an innings in limited time, why do we have a bloke who is statistically the worst bowler to play for an extended period of time and has already conceded 4 rpo for no return this innings bowling from one end?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Mitchell Starc is only a couple runs from averaging above Hughes.

He's currently ahead of Cowan, Smith and Henriques too.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And that's the problem

The ICC has bent over and accepted everything that the BCCI has said for the past few years because of money

They need to show some integrity and backbone for a change
Not really because all the countries who'd on the one hand vote to make all matches unofficial would still line up to tour India....so I'm not sure what that'd accomplish. What would need to happen is that England, Australia, SA, SL, WI (or at leas the first three) all have to agree not to play India at all, in ODIs, Tests, etc.

Good luck with getting that to happen over something as small as UDRS.