• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah what is embarrassing is 6 of Australia's top top 7 ****ting themselves when facing spin bowling. I mean, it involves a bloke lobbing the ball up at 70km/h and they're frightened little girls.

That's what I love about spin bowling. When you break it down, these blokes may as well be under arming the ball with a flick of the fingers. There is no threat to their safety, just ****ing hit the ball.
Spin bowling in India doesn't count ffs. If it was relevant to world cricket then you'd have other countries adopting the two-three spinners per game model and preparing turners.

Teja.

Global Moderator
lol, your gambling laws date back to the Raj?
Yeah. :laugh:

There's really no legislative incentive to muck around with it. Those who don't gamble believe it's outright illegal and those who indeed bet jump over the law anyway and this doesn't cause any material disadvantage to the parties in power.

You could say the state could improve this via profit through taxation by legalizing and regulating it properly but in actuality, that's nowhere worth the cost of the amount of people it'll alienate who believe, for whatever godawful reason, that gambling is intrinsically immoral.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
But a lassi is just yoghurt really - and whatever flavour/fruit you want with it. Unless you don't like yoghurt, would say a lassi is a fairly inoffensive drink.
Lassi is nothing like yoghurt!!! It comes in many flavours, and when they get it right, lassi is fantastic, heavenly, orgasmic and all sorts of nice things. Here's my favourite mango lassi...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Spin bowling in India doesn't count ffs. If it was relevant to world cricket then you'd have other countries adopting the two-three spinners per game model and preparing turners.
Just wait until CA becomes another wholly owned subsidiary of the BCCI.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Interestingly, Indian desserts are very hit or miss for people. People like me who've spent our childhood in India (or at least most of us I think), are so used to super-sweet desserts that I still often find many 'western' desserts not sweet enough. Of course, in India, we used to have desserts maybe twice a month - not every day - so maybe that had something to do with it. My cousins born here generally don't like Indian desserts - at least not all of them - for that same reason. I think, overall, they are way too rich to have every single day, or have them in huge portions. I mean, in India, we used to have maybe a couple bites on the rare occasions we had them. The only dessert we had on a more regular basis was the five rupee flavored ice cones from the local lari guy as he used to come to our neighborhood every few days. Those weren't too heavy and you could eat them on a regular basis. Part of it was also that we couldn't afford that stuff every day - I notice that when I go back, it's changing - as people have more money, they tend to have the desserts more often now (at least from my limited experience) - and it's evident in the waist lines.....

Last edited:

ganeshran

International Debutant
Mango lassi seems to be popular more outside India than in it.

In Delhi, mango shake is far more popular and favored version of lassi is curd/yoghurt blended either by hand or in a blender and a bit of white butter (makhan) on top. It tastes best without any flavours.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So, if Clarke's out next Test, who's our captain...?
nah gotta be haddin even if wade is fit, haddin plays as a batsman (PEWS will love this) and captains
I'd have both in the XI for the fourth test, but surely Haddin has to keep ahead of Wade? Even if he's also captaining. Just soooo much better it's unreal.

Couldn't be Warner with the armband tho, surely? I mean, he might be a genius in disguise but, to steal a Blackadder line, if he is it's a very good disguise.

Burgey

Mango lassi seems to be popular more outside India than in it.

In Delhi, mango shake is far more popular and favored version of lassi is curd/yoghurt blended either by hand or in a blender and a bit of white butter (makhan) on top. It tastes best without any flavours.
It's got more popular since they named the mangoes in it after Tendy.

Top_Cat

Yoghurt as a drink soumds ****ing weird though. From how you're describing it lassi sounds more like a palate cleanser or a really light refreshing dessert which is ideal after a really heavy main course.
A Scot describing someone else's food as weird, everyone.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lassi is nothing like yoghurt!!! It comes in many flavours, and when they get it right, lassi is fantastic, heavenly, orgasmic and all sorts of nice things. Here's my favourite mango lassi...

That looks like mustard someone has chucked some gravel into. :sick:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Look, I know you're more Indian than me by a long distance, but wtf are you on about? How can you say Lassi is nothing like a yoghurt when its made with yoghurt?

Lassi (Punjabi: ਲੱਸੀ, Hindi: लस्सी, Urdu: لسی, Marathi: ताक, Gujarati: છાસ, Bengali: লস্যি, is a popular and traditional yogurt-based drink which originates in the Punjab regions of India and Pakistan. It is made by blending yogurt with water and Indian spices

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Lassi is definitely like Yogurt and made of Yogurt.

Basically -

take the yogurt, cardamom powder, water and sugar in a blender.
blend till the yogurt is evenly blended.
don’t over do as then you will get butter floating on top.
add crushed ice cubes, garnish with some cardamom powder and sliced almonds.
serve
you can also chill the lassi and then serve.
Depends from place to place how thick it is though and it can be Salty or Sweet. The traditional Punjabi lassi is very heavy. Once, i drink a glass of it i tend to lose my appetite for a meal. :p

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
the best Indian food is Raj Kachori from those little snack places. Spicy, yoghurty, sweet goodness. Yum

Coming close second is that Palak Panir stuff.

I never liked anything vegetarian until I tried the indian stuff. So cheap too.