Cricket Player Manager
Page 406 of 711 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Senile Sentry View Post
    And in 2010 as well.

Lucky ground for India, since the opening loss vs WI in 94, they've not lost a single game, won 4 and drew 5. Since 2000, India have won 4 and drawn 3 here.
    Manoj Prabhakar BROKEN NOSE courtesy of Courtney Walsh 3rd test 1994 - YouTube

I think that very first pitch and Prabhakar's broken nose gave rise to the "pacy Mohali" myth but it's been fairly placid ever since that game as far as I can remember.

Banned
    The selectors must be wondering if they made the right decision keeping Doherty on tour instead of Agar, who has been on fire in the Shield.

Took 5-for today against SA and has 19 wickets at 24 in just four Shield games, not to mention 187 runs at 37.

He's come out of nowhere but for the sake of his development it's probably far better he's going great guns at State level rather than being thrown to the wolves in India.

You'd imagine he'll be closely considered for the Ashes tour and hopefully he'll be sent to England at the start of the county season to get further precious experience.

Australia definitely has a fantastic stock of bowling talent aged under 25, now we just need some young batsmen to realise their potential (hurry up Burns and Maddinson!).

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnodouche View Post
    Manoj Prabhakar BROKEN NOSE courtesy of Courtney Walsh 3rd test 1994 - YouTube

I think that very first pitch and Prabhakar's broken nose gave rise to the "pacy Mohali" myth but it's been fairly placid ever since that game as far as I can remember.
    True that. Visiting teams have really struggled at Mohali (with exception of WI of course). Agg bowling average at Mohali is close to 40.

True that. Visiting teams have really struggled at Mohali (with exception of WI of course). Agg bowling average at Mohali is close to 40.
    Australia in India 2012-13 : Indian failures no Ashes barometer - Mickey Arthur | Cricket News | India v Australia | ESPN Cricinfo

:facepalm: Half way into the current tour and the coach is already thinking about the Ashes.

Australia in India 2012-13 : Indian failures no Ashes barometer - Mickey Arthur | Cricket News | India v Australia | ESPN Cricinfo

:facepalm: Half way into the current tour and the coach is already thinking about the Ashes.
    I think everyone knows Australia have absolutely no hope of squaring the series from this point, tbf. It's not that the Ashes are being prioritised; it's just Australia's next big series now and this series is gone.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Coach still shouldn't come out and say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I think everyone knows Australia have absolutely no hope of squaring the series from this point, tbf. It's not that the Ashes are being prioritised; it's just Australia's next big series now and this series is gone.
    Not the Australia I grew up idolising. The Aussie spirit was always never say die. They could learn from the English. After the massive walloping dealt to them in the first test, pretty much everyone had written them off, and then they bounced back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Coach still shouldn't come out and say that.
    Yeah I agree. But I don't think it's just because it's the Ashes. I think it's just because he's basically given up on this series.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    wtf, the coach isn't a player. It's his job to keep an eye on the future. Ridiculous criticism.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    it's like australian cricket is mainly focused on the ashes or something
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    there's also that whole thing about how the question to Arthur was probably "how does this series affect your ashes plans?" Like, I don't think this is a manifesto that Arthur is shoving down our throats

spikey - best poster ever?

uh-oh. We've drawn Judge Snyder.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Good to see Harris back playing fc cricket. Any chance of him being flown over for the last test if he looks up to it? Though I guess it'd be pointless unless Aus win the third one, and if they do they must be doing something right with the ball.

would bat him in the top 6 tbh

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Is Mohali traditionally more lively than the other wickets in India? Bit like the wankhade pitch maybe?
    Yep, generally there is more in it for the seamers. Been a lively track for the seamers this domestic season with grass too, but that may change for this.

Quite Different to Mumbai's Red soil, though.

Will probably be Australia's best chance this series, unless the Delhi track has been changed more since the ban.

Thread Information