• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** I could go one right now. Refreshing drink.
Love Indian food (have just ordered Bhuna Ghost, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Dopiaza Mutton Biryiani and Butter Naan for tonight's feast) but not a fan of the drinks or desserts

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I don't eat the desserts. Either too rich or contain nuts which I am allergic too.

But a lassi is just yoghurt really - and whatever flavour/fruit you want with it. Unless you don't like yoghurt, would say a lassi is a fairly inoffensive drink.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon Laxman will learn with time, he doesn't quite have the fluency that Ganguly and Dravid have with words but still, at least there's a few new faces around though, was tired of just listening to the same people over and over again.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol.. Great comeback by the Aussies and esp. great to see Hughes scoring the runs. He was looking awful and I still am not sure if he is test class but I have only seen him bat whenever he seems to be struggling, so could well be wrong. It is still nice to see a player with so much going against him come out fighting and doing well. India just have to kick themselves and ensure they survive whatever period Aussies give us with the bat, if they do it at all..

ganeshran

International Debutant
I reckon Laxman will learn with time, he doesn't quite have the fluency that Ganguly and Dravid have with words but still, at least there's a few new faces around though, was tired of just listening to the same people over and over again.
+1 Important thing is not to put any prezzure on him

slippy888

International Captain
surely clarke has to bat here i cant believe what i am reading in the press that he might not bat due to a back injury, there is a test match to be saved here

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
surely clarke has to bat here i cant believe what i am reading in the press that he might not bat due to a back injury, there is a test match to be saved here
Have you ever had a bad back?

A slight problem can severely incur your mobility.

Even a mild one might make it impossible for him to bat.

slippy888

International Captain
you never saw Jaques kallis bat 2nd test vs aussies he had one of the worst type back injuries and he batted over 7 hours and saved the match

slippy888

International Captain
selfishness has nothing to do with it, he played for his team when he was injured and batted at number 8 and 7 when his team needed him and where fighting to save a cricket match against the old enemy

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
selfishness has nothing to do with it, he played for his team when he was injured and batted at number 8 and 7 when his team needed him and where fighting to save a cricket match against the old enemy
Marcuss was just being sarcastic. He's a big fan of Kallis.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Clarke should not bat ONLY if he risks a long term injury. If it just a niggle or discomfort, he should (and I believe he would) come in to play.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Bet365 odds

India 13/8
Australia 40/1
Draw 8/15

Does this mean if I bet $8 on an India win, I get $13 in case India wins?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah I don't eat the desserts. Either too rich or contain nuts which I am allergic too.

But a lassi is just yoghurt really - and whatever flavour/fruit you want with it. Unless you don't like yoghurt, would say a lassi is a fairly inoffensive drink.
Yoghurt as a drink soumds ****ing weird though. From how you're describing it lassi sounds more like a palate cleanser or a really light refreshing dessert which is ideal after a really heavy main course.

Teja.

Global Moderator
do they allow betting in India
Indian law only deems public gambling houses and activities associated therein illegal as per the Public Gambling Act, 1867. There is no judicial precedent/law beyond this which even remotely addresses anything nearing online sports betting.

Even if we interpret gambling houses very liberally to the modern context, if you're using your bank account to fund an online international banking account such as say Entropay or WUMT (****ing rort commision-wise, if I may add) and then use that to fund your bet365 account, then there's no actual act happening which breaks Indian law, so you're good to go.

Assuming the question ever comes up before an Indian court before a bench which would want to clarify the legal position and not merely decide a case, I'm pretty sure they'd include sports betting in the ambit of 'skill game' which is not in contravention of The Public Gambling Act.

A skill game was defined as "The competitions where success depends on substantial degree of skill are not “gambling” and despite there being an element of chance if a game is preponderantly a game of skill it would nevertheless be a game of “mere skill” by the Supreme Court. To contextualize, betting on horse racing is considered a skill game by the Indian Courts.

Last edited: