• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I am ashamed to admit I laughed at Ravi Shashtri's constant bagging of the fat Indian kid in teh crowd. THe kid was just so chub. However I laughed even more at Shastri not knowing the meaning of "double-edged sword", was so embarrassing. Also about time the education system in Asia started teaching people to pronounce the word "sword" and "debt" properly.

Also, Starc's first over with the new ball was so ****ing entertaining. Makes you just love test cricket so much.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I've still not quite figured out if he deliberately reverse jinxes, Gambhirs, is the most pessimistic person or history or is just entirely clueless but it's straight up pointless engaging silenstriker in a debate over the likely result of a match where India are involved. I actually assumed he wasn't serious for months but when people actually do bother replying he staunchly defends his opinion.

I'm tipping a draw as well ftr, but the fact that silentstriker is tells you nothing of any value whatsoever, and a result is clearly realistic.
His and Daemon's posting in this thread during this test has been so poor. FFS.

Look India are a poor team at the moment, so its fair enough that Indian fans don't get carried away with these perfformance. But ffs, Australia are playing utter **** cricket, and to be calling an Australian win every second post is ridiculous. Its beyond Gambhiring.

Lift your game ****s.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I mean honestly, this is ****ing embarrassing. At least if you get out to spinners in India you know it's just **** cricket and doesn't really count. But to get out to some muppet like this bloke is actually much, much worse.
It's akin to when Richard Ellison took wickets in the 85 Ashes series. Makes you feel dirty.
Nah what is embarrassing is 6 of Australia's top top 7 ****ting themselves when facing spin bowling. I mean, it involves a bloke lobbing the ball up at 70km/h and they're frightened little girls.

That's what I love about spin bowling. When you break it down, these blokes may as well be under arming the ball with a flick of the fingers. There is no threat to their safety, just ****ing hit the ball.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
How does Laxman get to do commentary? I understand rustic can be charming for some (not really), but holy **** he is terrible.

I think it's about we had colour commentary for cricket matches. Professionals to play good guy-bad guy. Anything is better than these idiots.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I love that this Australian fans being accused of thinking Lyon is better than Swann is still a thing, and I love how much you hate it :laugh:
It seems to be just scaly now at least. So if Australians can have just Burgey than CW can have just scaly. I'm making my peace with it.

Woodster

International Captain
How does Laxman get to do commentary? I understand rustic can be charming for some (not really), but holy **** he is terrible.

I think it's about we had colour commentary for cricket matches. Professionals to play good guy-bad guy. Anything is better than these idiots.
Sunil Gavaskar is by far the worst commentator on any of the channels I ever watch.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Shastri is worse than Gavaskar, imo.

Atleast, Gavaskar sometimes says something worthwhile. Both are pretty bad on the whole though.

But agree, on Laxman not being too good either. His accent is bad, his voice is not great, plus he's too nice to criticize someone or give his honest opinion. Just gives the nice answer each time and repeats cliches.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I'm glad someone is bagging VVS' commentary because I did not want to do it first - couldn't bring myself to say a bad thing about VVS. The bloke is such a super nice guy, a hero for any Indian cricket fan and Hyderabadi cricket fan.

But man, he's too nice. Does not make any criticism at all. AT least he picked on Kohli's slip fielding but not even VVS can make a nice comment about Kohli's slip fielding :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah he's not annoying. Just that Dravid and Ganguly were better during the England series.

Other than Hayden's ****-sucking of the BCCI, and mentions of cooking, I actually don't mind him. I know that's a horrible thing to say, but he's somehow pleasant to listen to. ANd he doesn't say things that are utterly wrong necessarily. Sure not as insightful as Athers and Nasser (come at me Sky haters) but whatevs.