Cricket Player Manager
Page 403 of 711 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

State Vice-Captain
    Forget spin bowling, what exactly is Hughes' USP against good seam/swing as of this moment? I hear he's made steady progress over the last two years, but his technique from what I remember is so inherently flawed that he's always going to be a walking wicket against sorted bowling.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nsniks View Post
    Its just that selectors view Rahane as a middle order batsmen not as a opener thats why I think Dhawan will play
    I don't know Dhawan's recent form, but Rahane averages in the sixties in first class cricket while Dhawan averages 45. Unless he's been scoring centuries every game in the past year (if he is, then fair enough and I don't have a problem with that), I don't see how you can take him over Rahane. As run scorers over the course of their careers- they aren't even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

State Vice-Captain
    Talent is no longer enough for Mumbai cricketers, don't you know?

Banned
    I'm just posting now to please Jono

Simon Champion!
    Interesting that they have just dropped him but not selected a replacement ?

Ishant and Bhajji stay though and so does Dinda.

Simon Champion!
    Also, Rahane can open but isn't really a opener.

I'd rather see him getting a chance in the middle order tbh but i guess if they want to play Jadeja at 6 then there's no space there.

Dhawan is Ok, but has a weakness against deliveries coming into him and can throw his wicket away.

australia will feel pretty comfortable in the second innings now

any word on how he's taken the news?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Yes! Harbhajan still there, but that's at least one useless guy gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Yes! Harbhajan still there, but that's at least one useless guy gone.
    Apologies if this has been discussed in the thread before, but why is Harbhajan there ahead of Ojha?

In the England v India series last year, Ojha took 20 wickets in 4 tests @ 30.85 at a SR of 76.3, while Harbhajan took 2 wickets in 1 test @ 42 with a SR of 69.

In the Ranji Trophy that followed, Ojha played one match for Hyderabad against Railways where he took 6-112. Harbhajan played 3 matches, first against Gujarat - 3-61, without bowling in the second innings; second against Jharkhand - 1-109 in the first innings and didn't get to bowl in the second innings; and third against Saurashtra - 6-162.

After that, Harbhajan was better than Ojha in the Mumbai vs ROI Irani Cup match, 5-102 against 3-148.

I don't actually see a reason for Harbhajan being ahead of Ojha. I am guessing I am late to the party here, but is Jadeja being a left arm spinner the reason Ojha is being left out, or is it that Harbhajan needs to have one last hurrah(?) of sorts (100th test match and all)?
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

If this is indeed the end for Sehwag, which it looks like, though you never know in Indian cricket, thanks for your service. What a great career.

But the time is right to end his test career. His slips fielding has been extremely poor lately, he has looked more lethargic than his normal "laconic demeanour", and he is obviously well past it with the bat.

Thanks for the memories Viru, but beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by harsh.skm View Post
    I don't actually see a reason for Harbhajan being ahead of Ojha. I am guessing I am late to the party here
    Yes harsh, you are..Two tests late..

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    If this is indeed the end for Sehwag, which it looks like, though you never know in Indian cricket, thanks for your service. What a great career.

But the time is right to end his test career. His slips fielding has been extremely poor lately, he has looked more lethargic than his normal "laconic demeanour", and he is obviously well past it with the bat.

Thanks for the memories Viru, but beat it.
    Such heartfelt sentiments in that last sentence- would bring a tear to a glass eye

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Yeah, don't let the door hit you on the venerable arse.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

+ time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    The position Khawaja was selected for in the first two Tests is the position he's most ideally suited to filling at the moment, unfortunately.
    Agreed but the chances are that they will pick him, bat him out of position and then hold it against him

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Agreed but the chances are that they will pick him, bat him out of position and then hold it against him
    Well given this series is already gone, I'd not shed a tear if that happened in the short term. I really don't think he's good enough to play for Australia currently, especially not in subcontinent conditions. I think he's got enough about him to change that with some work but he was "unfairly" exiled for a season or two until that happened because of a couple of failures here I'd not too disappointed.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Thread Information