Cricket Player Manager
Page 401 of 711 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Top Cat's life is in transition from **** to decent bloke. Taking a long time but we are getting there.
    No transition taking place

It's just that he is surrounded by absolute ****s so looks like a decent bloke in comparison
    Last edited by social; 06-03-2013 at 11:16 AM.

This will increase your love for Gavaskar

Australia in India 2012-13 : Positive change in Dhoni's captaincy - Sunil Gavaskar | Cricket News | India v Australia | ESPN Cricinfo

Sunil Gavaskar has said the break after the England series has had a positive effect on MS Dhoni's captaincy and with this new approach Dhoni should lead the side till the 2019 World Cup.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    He may well be there tbf. Maybe not it Tests though.

OK, so assuming that there are no tour matches between now and the 3rd test, no injuries, Watto stays, and no replacements, my Oz team is;

1. Warner

2. Watson - love to drop him as his $1.5 mill CA contract is the equivalent of taking money under false pretenses but I would have to listen to his fanboys talk about his average as opener so here you go

3. Khawaja - if they are going to pick him at least do it in a position in which he is suited

4. Clarke

5. Hughes (wk) - sorely tempted to pick Smith but it's time to flog the Hughes horse till he drops or succeeds. Given his history, he'll ton up

6. Henriques - best technique in the team and breaks up the left handers

7. Maxwell - I've got nuthin'

8. Johnson - arguably our best bowler last summer and will run in all day. Only risk is that he will succeed and be picked for the Ashes

9. Starc - hugely talented and wont learn warming the bench

10. Pattinson

11. Lyon - best we've got and at least he will have the benefit of bowling into rough created by the left armers

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Vaughan trolling on twitter again.

Is there a tweets by (ex) Cricketers thread on CW?
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    Vaughan trolling on twitter again.
    Is there a tweets by (ex) Cricketers thread on CW?
    That's an awesome idea (if it doesn't exist).
    'It is hard to recall a batsman quite so serene, so unrushed, so unflappable.' Chris Ryan on ... look to the left. Ahhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    3. Khawaja - if they are going to pick him at least do it in a position in which he is suited
    The position Khawaja was selected for in the first two Tests is the position he's most ideally suited to filling at the moment, unfortunately.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Warner
    Watson (vc)
    Cowan
    Clarke (c)
    Khawaja
    Henriques
    Wade (wk)
    Johnson
    Pattinson
    Doherty
    Lyon
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    We need a montage.

Even Rocky had a montage.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Try a little harder
    Get a little better

You need a montage....

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    OK, so assuming that there are no tour matches between now and the 3rd test, no injuries, Watto stays, and no replacements, my Oz team is;

1. Warner

2. Watson - love to drop him as his $1.5 mill CA contract is the equivalent of taking money under false pretenses but I would have to listen to his fanboys talk about his average as opener so here you go

4. Clarke

5. Hughes (wk) - sorely tempted to pick Smith but it's time to flog the Hughes horse till he drops or succeeds. Given his history, he'll ton up

6. Henriques - best technique in the team and breaks up the left handers

7. Maxwell - I've got nuthin'

8. Johnson - arguably our best bowler last summer and will run in all day. Only risk is that he will succeed and be picked for the Ashes

9. Starc - hugely talented and wont learn warming the bench

10. Pattinson

11. Lyon - best we've got and at least he will have the benefit of bowling into rough created by the left armers
    I love the look of your top 5 although I"m not an advocate for Watson in the opening spot and I just wonder how Hughes will go at 5.But again that top 5 does comprise of the best 5 batsmen available for selection imo.I expect selectors to come to their senses and realise that soon enough.Obviously I believe Wade should keep and bat 7, the number 6 spot should be something Australian selectors should give a hard thought.In India might be worth picking Maxwell or Smith to provide the spin option but after that series it really should be between Bailey and Henriques.Your bowling attack looks good, so in all and all good team convering most bases.

International Debutant the big bambino's Avatar
    Hughes' Aust summer form was solid in the terms of runs scored but contained 2 cameo moments that had me concerned about his suitability for both India and England series. The 1st occasion was the last SL test when we were chasing a small total for victory. From memory he looked ok on a dusting pitch and seemed a good indicator for India. Then he got into awful trouble in the over Herath eventually dismissed him. You'd reason he'd get over after over of that in India and he couldn't even stick out one over when it really mattered against SL.

Something equally worrying was his dismissal against Kula when that man hooped them in the odi in Brisbane.Yes the rest of the side folded and it was white ball. But the rest of team doesn't have as much to prove against the new ball as Hughes and you know that Anderson will swing em hard at him in England. So despite his goodish comeback those were the 2 moments that were most important imo and he failed them both.

Even so I'd hate to drop him as he does look a little better in technique and as social said keep him going until he sinks or swims. However Henriques' form gives us a rare option and maybe he should go to 6. So my team is

Warner
    Cowan
    Watson
    Usman
    Clarke
    Henriques
    Wade
    Starc
    Johnson
    Pattinson
    Siddle

I'm so p'd off with the form of our batsmen that they've forced Clarke to consider 4 when he's so suited to 5. Screw em. Screw em hard. However I will beligerently retain him at 5 as that is a spot that is currently working for us.

Johnson comes in. Yes he's a pie thrower and a sook. But his form has been good as has his attitude. He does ok in India.

And yep, no spinner. Look if you're not going to pick Lyon then why bother? My word India must have chuckled so hard into the palms of their hands when we picked Doherty. And did you note how they conveniently threw their wickets away after they scored a mountain of runs? Almost like they were trying to play Maxwell and Doherty into the next test too. Funny that. Stuff the conditions. Our spinners can't exploit them anyway. Our best bowlers are pace. There's enough of them to spread the workload for their dainty bodies and Clarke and Warner can play comedy relief with their spinners.
    Last edited by the big bambino; 06-03-2013 at 07:10 PM.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I think people might be slightly overreacting a bit. These are very Indian pitches and these are players who have experienced nothing like it before. It's not a bunch of experienced guys playing stupid shots. This Indian side is hardly a great side, but Australia has always had trouble winning in India (though not nearly as bad as the other way around). I mean, much better Australian sides have lost much worse than this. I remember in 1998 a side consisting of Waugh, Warne, Ponting, Taylor and Slater lost by an innings and 200+ (if I remember correctly) runs. I am not saying it's acceptable, and the Indian side back then was better too, but I think considering the fact that I bet these guys probably never faced conditions where spinners can regularly open and bowl 90%+ of overs, I don't think it's completely unreasonable for them to fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

You know damn well you wouldn't be saying the same this if the situation was reversed, and a n00b Indian team was failing in Australia and England 4-0 (as opposed to the experienced teams that lost there in 2011/12).

I am not saying you are wrong. You are actually correct. But my point is you are able to be rational because you do not support Australia, so you have no emotional investment.

Thread Information