• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rassol with 7-45, wag. Was one of the very very few offies that did well in the recent season, albeit in the lower tier.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Following his memorable win over Nadal at last year's Wimbledon, Rosol is now setting his sights on the Australian cricket team

Teja.

Global Moderator
Sreesanth - "Sorry all.. Could not make it to the test team.. But that's how life goes..loving it..more challenges and i am more determined to do well.."
#rolemodel #marriedtothejob

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Rasool WAG!

Would be the first cricketer from Jammu and Kashmir in the Indian team, if i am not wrong.

#DropBhajjiPickRasool

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously, though even the leggie Ladda is consistently outperforming Bhajji while playing for Punjab.

Is supposed to be the best leggie around these days in India, but the selectors would rather go back to Bhajji, Chawla without them doing anything substantial to warrant a comeback.

Daemon

This BP XI is so much better in terms of selections than what they picked for ROI in the Irani trophy.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Australia's public broadcaster said on Tuesday that it will not broadcast or report live from the upcoming cricket Test series in India after deciding not to pay inflated rights fees. The ABC said it could not afford the broadcast rights fees demanded by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), understood to be much higher for the four-Test series beginning February 22 than previous Australian tours.
It had still intended to send veteran radio commentator Jim Maxwell, but the BCCI refused him accreditation.

"It is really disappointing," an ABC spokeswoman told AFP. It will result in it being covered through the news just like a news item but there won't be any feeds, certainly not ball-by-ball coverage."

"We are leaning on Cricket Australia to help out because this means that there is no free-to-air broadcast of what's happening over there," the spokeswoman said.

Maxwell said the BCCI instead offered him a place in a VIP box for the entire series. However, he said this invitation came "with the proviso that if I wish to report on proceedings, because I am not a rights holder, I'll have to leave the ground".

"So, obviously that is unacceptable to the ABC and we've decided not to go," he told the broadcaster.
"Essentially it seems as though the fact that we didn't take up the rights, they feel as though as a radio reporter I don't have a position there. I am not able to report live from the ground."
Australia state broadcaster dumps India Tests due to BCCI prices - cricketnext - IBNLive

BCCI being shunts. They've become even more dislikable under Srinivasan, if it was possible. :mad:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
This BP XI is so much better in terms of selections than what they picked for ROI in the Irani trophy.
Yeah, except for Stuarty Binny you could make a case for all other selections being warranted.

India A side that faces Australia next has some more dodgy selections though.

parthiv patel ‏@parthiv9

Had a good day today behind the stumps on a low turning wicket...parvez rasool was out standing...

Rassol with 7-45, wag. Was one of the very very few offies that did well in the recent season, albeit in the lower tier.
He flights the ball from what i have heard and gives good rev's. Was a mediocre bowler but this season Bishen Singh Bedi worked with him, and he has improved considerably. Impressed Dhoni in the nets too, bowling against him before the Delhi ODI recently.

Can bat very well too actually. Finally, Bishen Singh Bedi doing some good for Indian cricket after his retirement except for blabbering about everything uselessly.

From Kashmir to Kotla: Parvez Rasool, once detained as a militant suspect, is the new posterboy of cricket in J&K : Cricket, News - India Today

Will be a great story if he makes it into the Indian team.

Daemon

If Ashwin happens to improve and Parves turns out to be gun our lower order could someday look like

Dhoni
Ashwin
B/P Kumar
Parvez
B/P Kumar/Yadav

Lower order might score more than the top in overseas tours imo