• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

the big bambino

International Captain
I was glad to see Ponting retire bcos I thought he was just crapping on his own record. But now I think he's starting to look a real option for the ashes again at 4, and maybe build some plans around him that we were going to do with Hussey. A bit of courting from Clarke and Arthur could be the go.

pup11

International Coach
That's just not really true at all. He's not been seriously considered before because he's been consistently mediocre. One ton in 60+ First Class innings for an average in the 30s doesn't really speak to inconsistency, especially since he was rushed into the Test side as soon as he hit that ton.
He has 14 scores of 50 or above in FC cricket which is basically one good knock in every 5 innings which is acceptable for an all-rounder who bats down the order, but the problem with him is that he is an all or nothing sort of a batsman, who would either play a good looking knock similar to the one he did in Chennai or come in and get knocked over straight away like he has done in his last couple of knocks.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just assume my posts aren't meant for you. I don't care what you think and I don't think anyone else wants us clogging up every thread calling each other ****s.
Might just go read all the textbooks I can find on quantum physics to try and find an explanation on how to shine one side of a cricket ball instead.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Awful article, even before today's knock. Written like one of those fan articles The Roar posts.
Yeah that is a seriously bad piece. It's not just poorly put across or an opinion I disagree with; it genuinely shows great ignorance of Australian cricket.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
when look over smiths innings, think of all the "experts" who advocated maxwell as superior batsmen

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah that is a seriously bad piece. It's not just poorly put across or an opinion I disagree with; it genuinely shows great ignorance of Australian cricket.
Not to mention of teams, squads, the mental side of the game, technique, cricket in general, etc.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
classic example of someone who only looks at stats, never bothering to actually watch the up and coming state players they so vocally advocate and then just roll with the opinion of the bogan australian cricket fans who think t20 is a good gauge of someones ability as a test cricketer