• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So judging from that the first test team will be -

Sehwag
Vijay/Rahane
Pujara
SRT
Kohli
Jadeja/Rahane
Dhoni
Ashwin
Ojha
Dinda
Ishant

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Batting order is fine if Rahane plays. Only fault is the selection of Dinda really.

We should all be happy that Jaffer, Yuvraj and Raina weren't selected.

This is less disastrous than it could have been.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I am not getting the Jaffer hate tbh.

He is in brilliant form at the moment and has looked a class above Vijay and Dhawan in the Irany trophy game. His game has actually improved since he was last dropped too.

Vijay got 5 lucky reprieves in his 2 innings while Dhawan was dodgy against a mediocre bowling attack on a Paata. Never been convinced about his technique for tests either. Prime LBW candidate.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Batting order is fine if Rahane plays. Only fault is the selection of Dinda really.

We should all be happy that Jaffer, Yuvraj and Raina weren't selected.

This is less disastrous than it could have been.
Happy with Bhaji ?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Murali Vijay 5 Matches 138 runs Highest 42 Average 17.25 in this year's Ranji but good enough to play tests. Atleast Mukund did well on India A tour to New Zealand.

Harbhajan has a equally crap record too since he was last dropped. But he comes back when he should have been axed from the Punjab team.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jaffer robbed :(

Most likely they'll select something like this imo

Sehwag
Vijay
Pujara
Tendulkar
Kohli
Jadeja
Dhoni
Ashwin
Bhuvneshwar
Ishant
Ojha

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
"Test cricket is entirely different and if you look at someone like Bhuvneshwar, he can be effective in specific conditions. To play him in Tests, you need to have a look at the conditions. Like if we are playing in England, New Zealand or South Africa where the ball swings and seams, he can be considered but on sub-continental tracks he would need to alter the length which he bowls," Dhoni explained.

This is what Dhoni said about BK after last ODI against England. He'll play Dinda ahead of him.

Or 4 spinners again.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Low Uneven bounce Bunsen's all the way. The lead seamer of our attack Ishant, averaged 76 last year.

Satyanash89

Banned
Vijay, Bhajji, Dinda arent good selections at all imo....
Jaffer>>>Vijay imo
Bhajji hasnt done ANYTHING to come back into the team. Shocking selection
Dinda is just ****. Bhuvi has to play. Dhonis comments are total BS. Atleast pick him for a test first... Dinda's proven himself to be a bad bowler, no matter what the conditions.

I assume Yadav's still injured. Any news on him?

Spikey

Gautam Gambhir ‏@5gautamgambhir

No sympathies plz. Lookin forward to training n then d india a game. Chin up guys, its time to show some steel. Come on.
yo arsehole. i didn't get dropped. my chin is fine

Spikey

Suresh Raina ✔ @ImRaina

Disappointed about being overlooked for the first 2 Tests. Don't know what was lacking but won't let it dishearten me. Still going strong.
love it

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Quality tweeting by Gambhir and Raina :laugh:

Straight out of that "train hard, up for the fight, but unfortunately not very good" book

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oz fast bowlers are world class and the Indian attack is verging on the rubbish

If the Australian batsmen somehow manage to screw this one up, they should hang their head in shame

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Saw an article saying how only 4 of the Australians have experience in India. I assume that means tests because I'd be suprised if the others hadnt at least played some IPL.

Daemon

"Test cricket is entirely different and if you look at someone like Bhuvneshwar, he can be effective in specific conditions. To play him in Tests, you need to have a look at the conditions. Like if we are playing in England, New Zealand or South Africa where the ball swings and seams, he can be considered but on sub-continental tracks he would need to alter the length which he bowls," Dhoni explained.

This is what Dhoni said about BK after last ODI against England. He'll play Dinda ahead of him.

Or 4 spinners again.
Sigh. Dinda it is T.T

Wishful thinking but maybe someone might impresses in the tour games and they decide to make a last minute swap because they argh this won't happen and danda will debut