• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
the difference in pace bowling attack for this series is ridiculous.

Have they picked B Kumar?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I'd pick the following team if I were India.

Rahane
Sehwag
Pujara
TEndulkar
Kohli
Rohit
Dhoni
Ojha
Harbhajan
Shami
Ishant

Reserves:
Ashwin
Jadeja
Awana

I think Rahane is a good long term bet as test opener - can't understand why he keeps getting picked in the wrong formats and personally feel Rohit will come good
for India. I think there's more chance of him getting runs againt Siddle, Pattinson, Johnson than Raina - he is a very good player of fast bowling and the Aussies know that.
I can see the batting getting runs against Australia if they stay patient and wear down the Aussie quicks.
The Aussie spinners are nowhere near as good as England's.

India's bowling looks very suspect tho - Umesh's injury is a massive blow. I think he could have really troubled Australia with his speed and swing. I like the look of Shami though - think he's the best option with Zak and Umesh out.

The spinners don't look inspiring but you never know. If they get some early success, then they may kick on and really have a good series.

Will be a close series I think - will hinge quite heavily on how India bat against the Aussie fast men.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ind33d

Pretty sure B Kumar will debut and it'll be a straight swap between him and Chawla from the last test against England. Yadav being injured is probably about the worst thing that could have happened to our bowling attack.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
This is such an unknown thing, this tour

Could be a thrashing either way

Could be a nail-biter

Howe_zat

Audio File
BCCI ‏@BCCI
Team for first 2 Tests vs @CricketAus - MSD (C)/Viru/Dhawan/Pujara/Sachin/ Virat/Jadeja/Bhajji/Ashwin/Ojha/ Bhuvi/Rahane/Dinda/Vijay/Ishant

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
BCCI ‏@BCCI

Team for first 2 Tests vs @CricketAus - MSD (C)/Viru/Dhawan/Pujara/Sachin/ Virat/Jadeja/Bhajji/Ashwin/Ojha/ Bhuvi/Rahane/Dinda/Vijay/Ishant

Edit - Beaten.

Howe_zat

Audio File
So yeah Gambhir dropped

I wonder how safe does your spot have to be to be on first-name terms with team announcements

Furball

Evil Scotsman
BCCI ‏@BCCI

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BCCI ‏@BCCI

i don't know what half those words mean.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Harbhajan was dropped after England. WTF has he done to get back except getting smacked around in domestic cricket to get back ?

And Dhawan in tests ? Urghh.. And the backup is Vijay. :wallbash: They want Gambhir's spot safe, don't they ?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Bhuvneshwar ahead of Shami when Shami has done better in FC and A tours is extremely dodgy too.

Dhoni won't play him anyway judging from his comments.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Isn't Rahane an opener?
Nope. His main success in FC has come in the middle order at 3 or 4.

And i think the selectors seem to have picked him as a middle order bat too, unless the plan is to persist with Jadeja at 6 which is a dodgy strategy in itself.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Oh and Awana came into the team for England series and has gone out without playing a match. Thank you very much for coming.

Dinda somehow manages to retain his place despite struggling in ODI's.