• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saying it is very probable is borderline gambhiring IMO. But yea, wouldnt be surprised it that happens.

Despite the thumping wins, India has shown glaring weaknesses that the Aussies weren't able to capitalize on. The main reason was their batsmen's utter inability to bat against spin, now with a different core you might see different results.

If the batsmen put up a defendable total, the bowlers will have something to put us under pressure, something which didnt happen except for a brief period of play during the early first innings of the first test till Sachin and Pujara put up that partnership
Fear-mongering much? Come on, after having removed Sehwag, the only real liability we have is Bhajji. If Ojha came in as well, it's game, set and match.

social

But then why is Watto going around saying stuff like "It was harsh". But I guess that's Watto. To be honest, this just sounds like a management guy frustrated that he hasn't got the right kind of personnel, and suspending people instead of actually using his f***ing MBA degree to some good effect. Wish Mike Brearley would respond to this :p
**** his MBA!

I assumed his role was to correct technical deficiencies and assist the captain (and others) with gameplans

Maybe I'm wrong because it seems his role includes weakening the team when certain players dont respond to his requests

Last edited:

harsh.ag

India are just a **** test team.. We are showing signs (very small signs, btw) of improvement and I guess a core young team is taking shape but really, we can't be anything in cricket if we don't have decent fast bowlers. And our spinners, whilst good, are not world-beaters.. These are blokes who will do well as part of a decent 4 or 5 man attack but that is about it.
Not saying they are world beaters, but good enough for this series, which was being discussed. I sometimes imagine an alternate universe where Irfan Pathan hadn't ****ed up his brilliant opening bowling routine. We would have had Umesh Yadav and him opening, with B. Kumar/ I. Sharma/ P Kumar as a third option. Not too bad. Hey, but if I am actually imagining alternate universes, I guess I should just imagine India as a rich-poverty free country, huh? :unsure:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not saying they are world beaters, but good enough for this series, which was being discussed. I sometimes imagine an alternate universe where Irfan Pathan hadn't ****ed up his brilliant opening bowling routine. We would have had Umesh Yadav and him opening, with B. Kumar/ I. Sharma/ P Kumar as a third option. Not too bad. Hey, but if I am actually imagining alternate universes, I guess I should just imagine India as a rich-poverty free country, huh? :unsure:
lol.. Yadav and B Kumar may still be a decent bowling combination but we are just so reliant on one or two and we have no idea if they will come through either, what with the form and fitness vagaries...

harsh.ag

lol.. Yadav and B Kumar may still be a decent bowling combination but we are just so reliant on one or two and we have no idea if they will come through either, what with the form and fitness vagaries...
Agreed. Dude, not trying to be too offensive or anything, but why in the blazes would you have that ugly ass avatar??!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Also wonder how heroes like Walters, Boon, Hughes, and co. would've fared in this PC setup.
I doubt Bob Simpson or Allan Border suffered fools.

They might not have got the side to participate in an inane exercise but you can bet your arse that a player disregarding the coach's wishes would have been out on their arse.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Shame George Bailey wasn't in the squad, as he could just say that he was working overtime at Maccie D's and needed sleep.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I wish the recent cricket had been this entertaining. Stupid task that was stupidly ignored by 4 guys. Followed by an over reaction.

If I'm a non playing squad member then just friggen ask me what I bring to the team, don't give me homework ffs. That being said its a 5 min exercise tops.

Khawaja:

1. Score runs.
2. Hit boundaries.
3. Take pressure of Clarke.

Not exactly hard that.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I wonder what the punishment would have been for a smartarse answer?

Khawaja:

I will improve by 100% since I did not play the previous game. :laugh:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watson is the vice captain ffs. If he thought Arthur was going down the wrong track he should have approached him about it. If he can't do that he's the wrong bloke for the job.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
God, the last 24 hours have proven CW has a lot of dead beats posting on it. Absolute garbage. May as well follow Dean Jones on Twitter.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Was just watching the new Spartacus actually... this over the top punishment is kind of just like the old Roman "decimation". Perhaps Mickey Arthur wants to be feared like Marcus Crassus? The Aussie batsmen won't be scared of the Indian spinners at all now, by comparison...

the big bambino

International Captain
Yes Arthur's the boss but you can only expect respect if you earn it. Its hard to get respect and players following instructions if you are going to set them stupid tasks and sack them for not doing it bcos they don't rate what your setting. He is the coach not Pharaoh. Yes you expect orders to be followed but ffs make them sensible and meaningful.Otherwise you get treated with contempt and may even lose your own job to those to whom you are responsible. (Which I think he should).

I also think this decn is standalone stupid and not some straw that broke the camel's back. If Arthur was unhappy with attitude then guys like Usman should've been picked only over his dead body. With a resignation note stapled to his forehead. So I can only assume that he was happy with the tude right up until now. Well bugger me then if this decn doesn't qualify as the most massive over reaction in player management. Even beats Ponting arguing on field with Brett Lee.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Cbf going back through the pages to check if the jokes been made yet but, is Mickey Arthur related to Mike Hesson?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Siding 100% with the coach here. What idiots, particularly Watson.
Cbf going back through the pages to check if the jokes been made yet but, is Mickey Arthur related to Mike Hesson?
If this was NZC they would have made it worse by not actually explaining the situation under the notion that keeping it under wraps would be better PR.

I can just imagine:

"Tim Southee, Dean Brownlie, BJ Watling and Kane WIlliamson have been stood down for the next test. We are not prepared to share the reasons for this with the public. We trust the selectors and management to make the right calls and frankly professional sport is not something that the paying public should be interested in so stop asking questions."

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
God, the last 24 hours have proven CW has a lot of dead beats posting on it. Absolute garbage. May as well follow Dean Jones on Twitter.
Please provide feedback on which aspects of CW posting haven't been going well over the last 24 hours, bearing in mind your failure to do so could have consequences.