• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mate, I seriously thought I responded. I haven't ever heard of people booking tickets for non-IPL matches online. They're usually available in coffee shops/super markets etc.closer to the match or even the ground itself. Reckon your best shot is getting someone you know in Hyd to get them in advance.
What a **** of a process. Coffee shops?

I'll grab a macchiato and a day 3 general admin pass thanks.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Isn't buying tickets for games in India a massive cluster****?
Never had problems with buying tickets for test matches even on the day of the match tbh or 1/2 days before.

For ODI's it's usually a problem, but nowadays you can book them online/on phone and have them delivered early. Same with T20's/IPL....

The state association usually keeps many of the tickets/passes with themselves, so less are available and the demand is huge sometimes for LOI's but it's much better these days then it was in the past where it was a cluster****.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
BCCI ‏@BCCI

The All-India National Selection Committee will meet on Feb 10 to pick the India squad for the home Test series against Australia.

BCCI ‏@BCCI

The preparatory camp for Team India ahead of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy, 2013 will be held at the NCA between Feb 15 to 18.

BCCI ‏@BCCI

Fast bowlers shortlisted from last year's all-India open trial conducted by the board will bowl at India's Test batsmen in the camp

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So ******** that a trial is needed after an entire season of first class cricket. Are the selectors that incompetent and lazy that they didn't bother watching any of the games?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So ******** that a trial is needed after an entire season of first class cricket. Are the selectors that incompetent and lazy that they didn't bother watching any of the games?
Yuvraj Singh and Piyush Chawla got picked for the England series. Does that answer your question?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Last thing that India should do is produce absolute bunsens. It might make our spinners a little more threatening that what they are. The wickets that they have had over the previous three or so years to get themselves to number 1 really should suffice, war of attrition, pretty flat but they will be more threatening than us.
Yup, I argued the same thing after the Ahmedabad test in the England series. I think few would disagree that India have the better spin options and play spin better, therefore, if the gap in quality were to reduce due to an absolute bunsen, then India will suffer.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
But it also runs the risk of having to bat 2-3 days for a draw.
Given the speed at which we've lost games over the last 2 years, I'd take a couple of draws and maybe sneak in a win here and there.

Our batting has just eroded massively, I don't care who says what that Mumbai pitch wasn't as bad as it was made out to be by our batsmen.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Given the speed at which we've lost games over the last 2 years, I'd take a couple of draws and maybe sneak in a win here and there.

Our batting has just eroded massively, I don't care who says what that Mumbai pitch wasn't as bad as it was made out to be by our batsmen.
We will gain nothing from that.
If we dont have Yadav and Zaheer I cannot see how anyone can think we should play a slow deck. Our pace bowlers will get owned.

Play a Mumbai-esque turner, back the fact that we won't be up against the quality of Panesar and Swann as a duo (even if you think Lyon can be better than those two, no way Doherty/Maxwell/Clarke is as good as that duo) and win the ****ing series.

I swear if we play a slow deck, lose the toss and bowl first with no Yadav and no Zaheer we will be in the field for 2.5 days.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
India has a poor record at Mumbai due to the bounce and carry, more than the turn. When it turns along with the bounce and quick carry, darters become effective and Indian batsman struggling against the extra carry compared to those touring even when facing seamers neutralizes the advantage.

India's best bet is turn with low/uneven bounce, imo. Like the one we defeated SA on in the last match a few years ago. Smith was moaning and the Match referee reported it but they can suck it.

Other then that the slow grinding surface like the Ahmedabad test is the second best bet. But a no to a Mumbai type bouncy/turny track which is due to the Red Soil there anyway.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well that'd being particularly specific, which is fair enough. But I am saying in general big turning bunsen > slow and low. Yeah it reduces our chances of losing, but fmd it could seriously be 0-0 after 4 if Ishant and Dinda are our pace bowlers.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
We will gain nothing from that.
Um.. our batsmen can do with some time in the middle, more than anything, it's the confidence level of our batsmen that's at all all time low, they just need runs, even if on flat decks in boring draws. Once they have the benefit of some runs behind them then we can really judge who should be discarded and who shouldn't.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Um.. our batsmen can do with some time in the middle, more than anything, it's the confidence level of our batsmen that's at all all time low, they just need runs, even if on flat decks in boring draws. Once they have the benefit of some runs behind them then we can really judge who should be discarded and who shouldn't.
That is weird logic, don't test our batsman at all, and then when the ones who are good at scoring when they are not being tested score runs, it will make ti easier to know who to keep.

Sounds good to me.