Page 316 of 711 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Well.

The selectors might've ruled him out permanently, but there's no way Hughes is a better bat currently than Rogers, so things arguably could be improved by selection.

For all the steps he's supposedly made, he always goes to his beloved cuts when he's under the cosh and we all saw how that ended up.
    Nope, Hughes is better than Rogers.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    In Big Bash yes
    In OD yes
    In ODI yes
    In Shield yes.
    In Club probably.
    In Test Cricket though? Debatable.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Might have a better eye, but I can't see how he's more likely to score runs than Rogers just now. Spin's tying him in knots and he reverts to type under the gun.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Rogers would get found out in no time in test cricket with his ghey pray mantis looking technique. Why are his runs I'm Shield cricket more valuable than Hughes'?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I'm frustrated.

Someone like Hughes is extremely frustrating as he's clearly one of the best state cricketers in Australia, but perhaps the step up is harder for him compared to a few others. Although, as we saw in the ODIs he's making either low scores or tons so hopefully he performs in the second dig.

Cowan, is another frustrating cricketer. I actually think he'd be a reasonable option in England, but I just always think Khawaja could do a better job.

Watson would be good if Cricket decided to cancel the LBW rule. So frustrating.

I'm not going to knock Clarkes declaration, after seeing 7,8,9 handle the bat poorly, he probably assumed the 10,11 wouldn't last.

With hindsight, 9/241 would have looked better at stumps, but India 1/5 or something would have been better IMO
    We used to have an umpire, the late Reg Roberts, who didn't believe in the lbw law, so he wouldn't give them as a rule. I think he have two in about a 30 year umpiring career. Proud to say he have me one against a prick of a bloke who had ratted and left our club for another. Wasn't out either.

That's who Watto needs.

But yeah, as much as I've been a Cowan fan, he's had an extended run and he just keeps making starts and getting out. Really thought his ton in Brisbane would be the turning point for him but he's reverted to type. Can only have so many chances.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

U19 12th Man
    Cowan's never gonna be a star but he has been good at giving the team a start.His job is to see out the first 20 overs, get the score over fifty and occasionally go on to a big score. He has for the most part done this. He is the Bruce Laird for the current generation.

But the bigger question is who is going to take his place off him ?
    Hughes ?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Cowan's never gonna be a star but he has been good at giving the team a start.His job is to see out the first 20 overs, get the score over fifty and occasionally go on to a big score. He has for the most part done this. He is the Bruce Laird for the current generation.

Hughes ?
    I imagine Watson, who when he opened did what Cowan can do but did it more consistently. Hughes is far more a rocks and diamonds player IMO. When he goes, he goes big but he doesn't get a start anywhere near as often as Watson or even Cowan.

Or at least, that's my perception without being bothered to look at a lot of stats on a Sunday morning.

Rogers would get found out in no time in test cricket with his ghey pray mantis looking technique. Why are his runs I'm Shield cricket more valuable than Hughes'?
    They aren't hence Hughea getting the recall. It just has to become a time though when you start wondering if some players can handle the step up easier to others. I like Hughes, he's had 3 low scores but I think he should be given a few more chances for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    We used to have an umpire, the late Reg Roberts, who didn't believe in the lbw law, so he wouldn't give them as a rule. I think he have two in about a 30 year umpiring career. Proud to say he have me one against a prick of a bloke who had ratted and left our club for another. Wasn't out either.

That's who Watto needs.

But yeah, as much as I've been a Cowan fan, he's had an extended run and he just keeps making starts and getting out. Really thought his ton in Brisbane would be the turning point for him but he's reverted to type. Can only have so many chances.
    Lol Reg to join the ICC Panel! Yeah with Cowan I've never been convinced he'd get his average above Matt Elliott/Greg Blewett range.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post

Hughes ?
    If Cowan lasted 20 overs plus 8 times out of 10 his place wouldn't really be up for debate. He struggles to bat out a session at the moment.

Watson would replace Cowan you'd have to expect.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    first attempt. kind of stuffed it up, which is fitting anyway

2nd test - aus v ind - 1st day goat remix - YouTube
    Going on my fb obviously.

But seriously, I blame Hussey for abandoning us after inflating his average against a weakened South African line up.

Feel sorry for Clarke in this shambles of a batting line up
    Last edited by GotSpin; 02-03-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

International Debutant aussie tragic's Avatar
    I'm not seeing how this aussie attack can take 20 wkts

Henriques, Doherty and Maxwell all take around 2 wkts per match in FC cricket, so that leaves 7 wkts each for Pattinson and Siddle...

....or maybe 6 wkts each if Maxwell and Warner can each get a run out with their x-factor

Selectors had a brain explosion. Didnt believe the lineup when I first saw it. A 2 man bowling attack after Lyon was dropped is a garbage selection.

Didnt see any play last night but it really is starting to look the Clarkeh is a one man band. I know people dont like Khawaja but I bet he would do better if given the chances Cowan has. His strong point is being a dour opener who bats time and removes the shine? Yet he doesnt even do that. If thats why your in the team I expect you to bat multiple sessions regularly because your not taking the risks a stroke making opener does.

Did Wade get injured during keeping throwdowns? Because that would just be priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie tragic View Post
    I'm not seeing how this aussie attack can take 20 wkts

Henriques, Doherty and Maxwell all take around 2 wkts per match in FC cricket, so that leaves 7 wkts each for Pattinson and Siddle...

....or maybe 6 wkts each if Maxwell and Warner can each get a run out with their x-factor
    Look mate, I'm not sure that's how cricket works.

Australia's bowling attack, which was all time great, (McGrath, Warne, Gillespie and I've put Lee in for this version) combined for only 17 wickets per game on average going with your method. Does that mean Australia never took twenty wickets in a test?

If that's the result of an all time great side, I'm sure there a plenty of decent sides who don't get anywhere near that either.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSpin View Post
    Going on my fb obviously.

But seriously, I blame Hussey for abandoning us after inflating his average against a weakened South African line up.

Feel sorry for Clarke in this shambles of a batting line up
    thanks! glad someone watched it
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    The scream after Watsons dismissal is so good.

Reckon it would've had a greater effect if the screams were in place of the LBW shouts then cut back to the umpire raising his finger.

Thread Information