Page 311 of 711 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Quote Originally Posted by Plumbinfront View Post
    Clarke plays spin bowling with alacrity. Arguably the best player of spin bowling to have come from the country. The comparisons with Lara on other sites are ridiculous though. Clarke's play against spin is not even half as good as Lara's with all due rest to the Oz skipper. It's all well and good to dominate Jadeja, Herath and Garbajhan; another entirely to make Warne and Murali look like club bowlers.
    That's a new one to me. I like that.

In all honesty could this possibly be the weakest Australian Test team on paper selected since the 80's? I mean other than Clarke how many would make it into previous Australian teams of the past 20 or so years?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Presumably just when everyone has gone to bed, Jono will pop on and give his boring as bat **** "I was there" review of the day.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Presumably just when everyone has gone to bed, Jono will pop on and give his boring as bat **** "I was there" review of the day.
    haha you've salvaged something good at least
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

not all is lost guys, i just took a perfect 10 poo aka smooth departure, one wipe, no skidmarks. bliss

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Clarke plays spin bowling with alacrity. Arguably the best player of spin bowling to have come from the country. The comparisons with Lara on other sites are ridiculous though. Clarke's play against spin is not even half as good as Lara's with all due rest to the Oz skipper. It's all well and good to dominate Jadeja, Herath and Garbajhan; another entirely to make Warne and Murali look like club bowlers.
    He's played Murali, Kumble and a younger (and better) Harbhajan perfectly well in the past though.
    You're cracking jokes if you think Lara was twice the player of spin that Clarke is.

Not sure if he's played Chuckjal yet in a test series.
    Last edited by Burgey; 02-03-2013 at 04:18 AM.

He's played Murali, Kumble and a younger (and better) Harbhajan perfectly well in the past though.
    You're cracking jokes if you think Lara was twice the player of spin that Clarke is.

I think he has. Not in Asia though.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Banned

He may have played Murali mate, but what did he do against him? Lara in 2001 shredded Murali to bits on Murali's home turf. Kumble was hardly what you'd call a spinner in the strictest sense of the word, more a medium pacer who could tweak it a bit. Hardly a big turner of the ball. In any case Kumble was well past his zenith when Clarke played him. Garbhajan has always sucked aside from 2001 so doesn't count in my eyes. Lara dominated Warne and Murali. I am sorry but Jadeja, Garbhajan and Chuckjal don't compare.

One test at Melbourne IIRC.

He may have played Murali mate, but what did he do against him? Lara in 2001 shredded Murali to bits on Murali's home turf. Kumble was hardly what you'd call a spinner in the strictest sense of the word, more a medium pacer who could tweak it a bit. Hardly a big turner of the ball. In any case Kumble was well past his zenith when Clarke played him. Garbhajan has always sucked aside from 2001 so doesn't count in my eyes. Lara dominated Warne and Murali. I am sorry but Jadeja, Garbhajan and Chuckjal don't compare.
    Averaged about 200 against SL while Murali was still playing.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Nah look I think it's fair to mark Clarke down for being faultless. Perfectly fair.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Banned
    Even Jayawardene and Tendulkar are better players of spin than Clarke, and Lara against spin comfortably outclasses them. Two times Clarke is fair imo.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    One test at Melbourne IIRC.

Averaged about 200 against SL while Murali was still playing.
    how does that show what he did against Murali?

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Summary of the day:

"The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Well that was a devastating last session for Australia wasn't it? i did express my concerns earlier in the piece but people tried to mock me!! , i just tell it as it is, that top order aren't good enough to represent Australia imo, and after making a brave declaration the fact that Clark wasn't confident enough to give his spinner at least an over on that turning track speaks volumes really.

Tomorrow they'll have to come out swinging big time, a quick three wicket burst might change things but if India get to lunch only two down then i think they'll be on course for at least a 150 run lead, and on that track that's gonna be tough to get by imo, it's not looking good for the Aussies.
    One Day cups- Champions trophy winners-T20 cup-29 test series without defeat record- and some think we're a "minnow".

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    God, I'm going to have to step out of this thread for a bit until the special kids retreat.

Thread Information