• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Henriques selection is seriously scary. Not even just because I don't think he's good enough (and I don't) but because I really don't think they'd bother even thinking about picking him as a fourth seam option. He's only going to play if both Doherty and Lyon play, and that would be absurd IMO.

No Haddin in a squad of 17 is pretty weird too, and I'm not really seeing the point of picking both Smith and Maxwell.

All in all, the worst we could've hoped for really.
I rate Henriques as a player and would be happy enough if he was a bolter for the Ashes tour as the conditions might suit him to a degree

But selecting him to tour India is just a joke - he looks terrible against spin, his bowling should be totally ineffective and the tour could kill whatever confidence he has built up this season

As for Doherty, well fmd - the guy is a ****ing ordinary spin bowler in any conditions and has done nothing at all to deserve a recall

I could handle it if they picked Beer (amongst others) as he could at least be relied upon to keep it somewhat tight but Doherty is just a joke

As for Smith, the guy's batting looks to have improved a lot and his fielding is brilliant but his selection smacks of Cameron White's a coulpe of tours ago

Should've picked Bailey and forgotten about the the couple of overs that Smith might be called upon to bowl

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
3 games and on the plane. I guess our stocks are so low it doesnt take much to get noticed.
Agar is a real team player with a can do attitude. this was recently shown when he chose to push pineapple, shake the tree.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oi ****s how do i buy tickets to the Hyderbad test. This **** isn't funny anymore. Teja is ducking me. WAC.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
viagogo is a website where you sell tickets for a premium to the market isn't it?

Those dates are wrong anyway. Hyderabad test has been brought forward.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think they are available online yet. Should be on KyaZoonga.com: Buy cricket match tickets, book movie tickets and buy Movies, Cricket and Sports Merchandise nearer to the match, if past record is to go by.

Tickets anyway should be available at the ground if you reach there even during the match, but if you don't want to take the risk then you can ask someone in Hyderabad to buy it off the ground or Banks/CCD etc.... where HCA makes it available. Maybe you could contact them to enquire -

Hyderabad cricket Association - Home Page

uvelocity

International Coach
Nup, two.

Turner actually got picked ahead of Agar for the Under 19 World Cup recently but WA have always liked Agar more; so do the senior national side selectors now apparently. :(
you sure he didn't just marry and take the birds name?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If we produce wickets like those at the Wankhade and have to bat first up, we're absolutely ****ed.
Mumbai is somewhat unique with the red soil in terms of the bounce it gets though. That along with turn is always a problem where ordinary bowlers begin to get spite off the pitch.

I thought India's Hyderabad pitch vs NZ was a good template for a home Indian wicket - the extra bounce and spit makes Ashwin into a real Kumble-like threat, while most other teams have more Ojha-like spinners who benefit less from that type of wicket, and Indian batsman should be able to play them without too much trouble.
Delhi is the template for India, imo. Low Uneven bounce, along with turn and rough developing.

India's record at the Kotla is great too (9 wins in a row :cool:). Hopefully, the wicket hasn't been changed too much after the ICC ban though. They imported some soil from NZ iirc. :dry:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I can pester Teja on his facebook for you if you want Jono
He will just tell you he cbf helping Jono and then go on a rant about how it makes it a terrible person, and how not caring about that makes him an even worse one, IMO.

(don't hurt me Teja :ph34r:)

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Nup, two.

Turner actually got picked ahead of Agar for the Under 19 World Cup recently but WA have always liked Agar more; so do the senior national side selectors now apparently. :(
Agar was injured IIRC.

Would honestly rather see him play a Test ahead of Doherty. At least he's taken Shield wickets.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Oi ****s how do i buy tickets to the Hyderbad test. This **** isn't funny anymore. Teja is ducking me. WAC.
Mate, I seriously thought I responded. I haven't ever heard of people booking tickets for non-IPL matches online. They're usually available in coffee shops/super markets etc.closer to the match or even the ground itself. Reckon your best shot is getting someone you know in Hyd to get them in advance.

Isn't buying tickets for games in India a massive cluster****?
Confirmed

He will just tell you he cbf helping Jono and then go on a rant about how it makes it a terrible person, and how not caring about that makes him an even worse one, IMO.

(don't hurt me Teja :ph34r:)
Have just abused this **** on facebook btw and will abuse Daemon when he comes online. :cool: