• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
just on lyon and the growing chat about him, given he got into the team more on bowling a certain style rather than wickets, surely all he has to do to keep his spot is to bowl that style. (which he hasn't been doing)

Daemon

2-0 to Australia.

First Test starts on my birthday. India better do well on that day at least.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But if Lyon gets dropped, who will lead out team song!

I believe we'll see this squad:
Clarke (c) Watson (vc) Warner Cowan Hughes Bailey Wade Siddle Starc Pattinson Lyon Johnson Bird DHussey Beer
I'm pretty sure Maxwell will be in the squad, FTR. Hussey and Bailey probably fighting for one spot.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
anybody picking 2 spinners to play?
I can't really see it happening, unless Maxwell or Hussey gets the six spot and you call either of them a spinner.

Warner and Clarke will be called upon to bowl a reasonable number of overs if the conditions suit, otherwise we'll have to rely on our fast bowlers to do most of the damage.

Spikey

i don't see clarke putting too much strain on his back just for a ****ing india tour when we have 10 Ashes tests this year.

benchmark00

The vibes I'm getting is that Beer will definitely be picked, and so he should. I'd think he'd be good in India. Quick through the air so he's tough to play off the back foot like you should look to do on slow turners and a good UFO ball which slides on.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, think he's probably better suited to India than many of the other options. (EDIT: Beer, in reply to Benchy)

Maybe SOK might be OK, with his side spinners too, but none of our spinners get as much work on the ball as Swann or Monty.

uvelocity

International Coach
Yeah, think he's probably better suited to India than many of the other options. (EDIT: Beer, in reply to Benchy)

Maybe SOK might be OK, with his side spinners too, but none of our spinners get as much work on the ball as Swann or Monty.
keep thinking beers too much like ashwin with his quickness