Page 266 of 711 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 10658
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Simon Champion!
    One pitch ? Pretty sure the Perth pitch where you lost was supposed to be quicker than it was for a while. All the talk was about how Tait was gonna blow Indian batsman away.

Anyway, the thing is Indian pitches generally except 1/2 don't behave one way throughout the season in any case. And even it varies from pitch to pitch throughout the square. Chennai can be a road one FC match, and a turner the next. Both with low bounce as that is the natural soil value.

Not sure what your gripe is ? As if Indian pitches aren't prepared properly then most will be crumbling turners anyway and even worse ones than the last one, especially in summers or roads without breaking up, especially in winters.
    Last edited by Cevno; 28-02-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Simon Champion!

According to the article this curator did not doctor the pitch differently in different parts to help one side's spinners more than the other, but did so just to give it an appearance of holding together while still assisting spinners. What's the fuss about? What he did was clever and the fact that Pattinson got a fiver only vindicates that.

What he may have done for Warne 15 years ago shouldn't be discussed now anyways. Though I agree that that's little over the line but I don't know if he is just making it up now.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    I repeat, where the **** did I criticise the pitch?
    Why is it any worse than, say, the Chennai pitch?

After all, that was prepared specifically to negate the impact of 3 Australian bowlers not just one
    That aside, no one actually cares whether you criticized the pitch or not, they just disagree with your view that preparing a turner is the same as what the curator allegedly did all those years ago. Majority think the latter is going too far.

I criticised the attitude of India's players who come out in the media every day demanding a dust bowl and then whinging when they lose on one - they are weak as piss

Let's not forget that Jono's manbro Mr Kohli has spent the last 18 months blaming his side's thrashing in Oz on green-tops produced to favour the home side

OK, let's name 1 pitch in Oz that behaved differently to what it does for every single game during that season

Anyone?

Anyone??

Anyone???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????

No, I didnt think so
    This has been done to death. Everyone knows Indian players love a good whinge and aren't willing to accept that they sucked when they did. It's got nothing to do with the article or this discussion at all and I have no idea why you brought it up.

U19 Debutant
    When teams lose they whinge..All teams do..some teams use weather, food, bouncer, bcci etc as excuse ..btw the longest whinge in cricket history is Bodyline according to some..so India when you lose whinge
    Last edited by doesitmatter; 28-02-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    No-one will remember this series in 12 months
    lol

How convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    One pitch ? Pretty sure the Perth pitch where you lost was supposed to be quicker than it was for a while. All the talk was about how Tait was gonna blow Indian batsman away.

Anyway, the thing is Indian pitches generally except 1/2 don't behave one way throughout the season in any case. And even it varies from pitch to pitch throughout the square. Chennai can be a road one FC match, and a turner the next. Both with low bounce as that is the natural soil value.

Not sure what your gripe is ? As if Indian pitches aren't prepared properly then most will be crumbling turners anyway and even worse ones than the last one, especially in summers or roads without breaking up, especially in winters.
    So we produced a pitch that faoured the OPPOSITION

What is your point here?

My beef is not against the pitches prepared in India when they are up against it as any member of the Australian team that arrived in India not expecting dustbowls is seriously deluded (as Watson said today, Hyderabad is a great pitch normally but this is a test match and we cant expect a normal Hyderabad wicket)

My gripe is against the mmbers of th Indian team who seem to consider that this is "normal" behaviour
    Last edited by social; 28-02-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    lol

How convenient.
    The only reason that they will is because we will be playing each other shortly and it will make good press

The reality is that it is 2 average teams playing each other far too often

SA vs Oz = 3 tests

India vs Oz = 4 tests

Save me please!

Such delicious butthurt.

Carry on.

I suppose the Aussies who play in the IPL may be expecting the same tracks they see for 20/20 in the tests. Which would be an bad assumption IMO. I dont watch the IPL but I would guess that they produce roads so theres more boundaries for the crowd.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Shane Watson. #shanewatsonthoughts
    Gold, Jack..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I dunno. I want to agree but the line's still pretty blurry.

There are good reasons why offspin doesn't really work in Australia, or didn't a few years ago, and so when Australia went to India with a world class spinner he was in all likelihood naturally going to be a leggie.

You can't really say that the makeup of your side is coincidental, it's usually going to spring from how your country plays cricket, often to be due to conditions.
    Whether a batsman is right or left handed is a coincidence afaic.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    I don't really like pitches like the last one but it's a personal choice because I think relying on spin is inherently unmanly and effete. Ideally a pitch will have something in it for everyone, but in truth such pitches are rare as hens teeth anyway. They're usually either too green, too flat or too dry and turning. It's rare you get a pitch that has a perfect balance, and that's often because players fall in a heap when a deck is green and the match is over in three days.

Realistically though, the Chennai pitch can't be criticized when the first two innings produced ~400 and ~600. Look at the starts our blokes got but didn't convert. That's not the wicket IMO. There were some poor shots played in our first dig: Cowan, Hughes, Warner, Watson, Backboard. Many played poor shots and several pissed away a start. 450-500 (really the difference of one more bloke going on) and its a different game. I can't recall any of those blokes copping unplayables in the first dig. They just didn't bat well enough.

Sure, by late day four and day five it got tough, but there's nothing wrong with that. You would expect it to misbehave a bit.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    One pitch ? Pretty sure the Perth pitch where you lost was supposed to be quicker than it was for a while. All the talk was about how Tait was gonna blow Indian batsman away..
    The Perth pitch was supposed to be a return to how it used to be though, not prepared in a way that was unusual just because the visiting team didn't like it. It was assumed India wouldn't be comfortable with the extra bounce and pace because it was different to tracks at home, but it wasn't prepared any differently just because we were playing India.

The part of this that should really be investigated is the suggestion Tait would blow any batsmen away, which is obviously ridiculous.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure Indian curators have near total autonomy with regards the pitches they prepare. Whether that's enshrined in policy or not, I've seen arguments in the press between some of them and Indian captains about preparing decks to suit the home team and get the impression they're fiercely independent about their pitches.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Thread Information