• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Was saying to a mate that this is a real chance for the Australian batsmen to stand up and bat out two days. There is 0.001% chance of this happening due to the australian mindset. It has been done to us a few times in the last few years.

TBH this pitch looks pretty good (read road), there is no reason why a few batsmen can't show their (apparent) skill and bat us to a draw.

PLEASE!!!!!! lol

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Must've been going under because it wasnt missing

Anyway, the umpiring in this series has been really poor
I disagree,
Yes they have not given ou the number of LBW's we see in Aus with the DRS.
However it has been fair, both sides have been judged the same way. Which you can always only wish.

I don't really know how you can say the umpiring has been poor. They are reluctant to give someone out when there is doubt.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Does that 2.5 meter rule still apply in drs? Would that have saved the batsman even if it was reviewed?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I disagree,
However it has been fair, both sides have been judged the same way. Which you can always only wish.

I don't really know how you can say the umpiring has been poor. They are reluctant to give someone out when there is doubt.
Poor umpiring is poor umpiring regardless of whether it's perceived to benefit either team.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I disagree,

There were a number of dodgy decisions in the first test and a couple here already

Guess we have been spoilt with DRS

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Poor umpiring is poor umpiring regardless of whether it's perceived to benefit either team.
You would not know it was poor umpiring if not for the DRS.

For some reason I find myself liking the lack of DRS. It is out if the umpire gives it out. It is more entertaining, as bowlers celebrate more and spectators can really celebrate. In Aus there is alwas an immediate thought, are they going to review it?

So annoying.

Chek de india or however you say it lol, I have given up. Makes defeat alot easier :walkman:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Whaaaaat? Didn't mind sending Cowan to the sheds despite the ball pitching outside leg. Then again, that could have been for the good of the game.

...carry on.