• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Andre

International Regular
Big Show not been too bad so far. Doherty steady, bowling reasonably good areas but not particularly threatening.

Manjrekar and Hayden. Doesn't get any worse.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
mixture of the indian comms and indian broadcast imo

but really you're not alone, if i bring up the austar menu it looks sharp as **** but the cricket itself is pretty shoddy quality
I'm watching it on Willow TV (connected to the big screen) and the feed is very high quality (it's the Indian feed).

ajdude

International Coach
****, the last time there was a 100+ partnership for either side in this series wade went and did something stupid #ominous

hahahahahha that was so sly from manjrekar, "saw a bitta women's cricket recently" haha

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I keep forgetting about the runner rule. I think it's the right way to go, but I miss all the hilarious miscommunications.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Doesn't mean much of course, but it looks like Doherty actually puts some effort into his bowling. Always get the impression with Lyon that he just 'puts it there' with almost no follow-through.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I have no issue with Indian pitches, crowds or players and loI the country (no Hayden impersonation) but I can't help but be driven mad by the commentators.

Don't get me wrong, the Aussie commentators are almost as bad, but you just notice it more when the bias is against your team.

Question for you: I will likely be in the south of India (Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kochi) in August. Will there be any cricket to watch or indeed any on at all at that point (including local stuff)? I've wanted to train and hopefully play with a local team on each of my trips there but my timing has always been off.
That's fine mate. Everyone has an opinion. :)

On local cricket, i know next to nothing. But i am sure there is cricket being played in every half decent cricket ground. As you know we are nuts about cricket.

When are you visiting?

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
actually yeah forgot to mention that you mustn't read the australian home summer threads if you think people whinge about the indian comms, healy/slater are like this but 10x worse

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Indian batsmen just milking the bowlers now, and this was always the danger if the pacers didn't get at least three wickets in the first session, Patto's been ineffective this time and Siddle isn't looking like he's on for a big haul anytime soon, so it's up to the spinners, Doherty's got a few to turn but there's been no close calls as yet, while Moises is looking like an Australian Darren Sammy!! :ph34r:, this is what i feared when i saw that attack at the coin toss and the indian's are proving me right right now.

Last edited: