• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
stu macgill ‏@scgmacgill
now the dust has settled, I'd like everyone to support xavier doherty- lead spinner for oz this test, level headed & tough @CricketAus

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Assuming we are only talking about tests, Lara was awesome against Murali, but never really did that well in India or against India. Kumble troubled him on occasions in the Windies and then in one series so did Venkat Raju when he played in India on turning tracks.

He was a superb player of spin, but the 2 times as good as X or the greatest of all time etc.. comments are largely based on how he played Murali. Even against Warne the likes of Laxman/Sachin etc.. all dominated as much, if not more on more spinning tracks.

Edit - He didn't exactly boss around Saqlain Mushtaq either when they faced on a few occasions IIRC.
Nah.. Lara was comfortably good against Warne at Sydney and those were tracks as useful as the Indian tracks for Warney.. It is also interesting to note how good Warney was at Brisbane which was not the case for any of the other spinners who went there.. Plus Lara only played against India in INdia for 3 tests in 94 and not even once since.. Same about Saqlain. It was only the 97 series when he bas basically in the cbf mode coz he was not given the captaincy.. India were bossed around by DAnish Kaneria FFS and Lara basically hit him out of international cricket.. As I said, Lara's reputation against spin is very well earned.

But I do agree that saying he was twice the batsman against spin than the likes of Clarke, VVS etc is a big exaggeration. But that is only because of how good the other guys were/are, not because Lara was struggling against spin..

ganeshran

International Debutant
Vijay shouldering arms to inswingers makes me nervous. Expect one to jag back more than expected and take out his off stump

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hayden, referring to Clarke purely as "Michael" doesn't make you sound like you're with the in-crowd; it just makes you sound like a ****.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Siddle is extremely lucky to have a wicket after bowling such a **** line. Pattinson on the other hand...

ajdude

International Coach
patto doesn't have that axe murderer look with his short hair, he more has that darren pattinson puppy dog look

needs a dirty handlebar mo imo