• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Though, in all honesty, I don't think you can judge an innings until both sides have played. We've seen it too often.

IMO, 275-300 would be par. So Australia are behind but not hopelessly so. Though someone in Austalia will have to explain their bowling choices. I looked up the stats of the people they chose, and....:confused1

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Though someone in Austalia will have to explain their bowling choices.
Well, it won't be anyone who's a member of this forum.

It'd essentially be the equivalent of India touring Australia, losing at the Gabba with two spinners and Yadav, then deciding that for the Adelaide Test, Yadav would be dropped for Abhishek Nayar who would bat eight and open the bowling while Ashwin would be dropped for Unadkat because the Adelaide conditions would suit him better.

Except imagine Unadkat is much worse in general and Nayar doesn't bowl in domestic cricket.

Last edited:

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Though, in all honesty, I don't think you can judge an innings until both sides have played. We've seen it too often.

IMO, 275-300 would be par. So Australia are behind but not hopelessly so. Though someone in Austalia will have to explain their bowling choices. I looked up the stats of the people they chose, and....:confused1
275-300 par? Surely not a serious post

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So what would he be playing as given he can't bowl and he can't bat?

Back stop for Wade because he's a good fielder?
Batting allrounder. I never said I didn't think he could bat; you said that.

I don't think Australia's spin options are strong enough to into a match with only two quicks, regardless of the conditions, so if I thought the pitch was going to turn square I'd play Maxwell at six or seven, primarily as a batsman, and use him as the second spinner. He wouldn't be in my first choice eleven, but it's a selection option I thought worth having if the conditions and the way the side was going dictated that.

This is assuming Clarke's not going to bowl much ftr; if Clarke thought he was feeling right to bowl a bit for the entire tour I'd have probably not bothered taking Maxwell at all. But my whole reasoning behind taking him on tour would be to avoid the exact balance we've ended up with in this match.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Things that get closer to the ball than Glenn Maxwell's front foot:

• Chris Martin's bat
  • Richard Tambling
  • Jack Watts

howardj

International Coach
So Doherty has a FC half-century, and Pattinson has a Test high of 42.....yet Clarke declares at 236?

Australian cricket loves to get funky

Don't be conventional; get funky

dermo

International Vice-Captain
So Doherty has a FC half-century, and Pattinson has a Test high of 42.....yet Clarke declares at 236?

Australian cricket loves to get funky

Don't be conventional; get funky
we picked maxwell, we're all about funk