• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Australia ‏@CricketAus

CA advises @davidwarner31 has a minor left thumb fracture after being struck on the hand by Mitchell Johnson while batting in nets at WACA.

watson over the moon

howardj

International Coach
Jolimont spies have leaked the following 16 man squad

Clarke
Watson
Cowan
Warner
Hughes
Usman

Haddin
Wade

Maxwell
Lyon
Doherty

Pattinson
Starc
Johnson
Siddle
Bird

Howe_zat

Audio File
He's been in **** batting form for more than a year though. It's not that he can't do it, it's that he's done bugger all for ages
Yeah, Watson's actually averaged 26 over the last two years. Next to that Cowan's 34 in the same time doesn't seem like the figure to be **** on.

I suppose there's just an air of "settling for acceptable" with Cowan, which naturally rubs people up the wrong way. There hasn't been much to suggest he'll average much higher or lower than 34 in the long run.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Watson is so gonna do well in India. And every other Aussie batsman who is out of form.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wouldn't it be great if Clarke decided he was keen for a bit of a bowl on this tour? I don't see it as likely at all as he's suffered a few injuries lately (albeit unrelated to his back..) but a tour of India in which your batting allrounder's bowling has been scrubbed and your spinner is a right arm off break bowler seems the perfect storm for Clarke to decide to bowl 10-15 overs a day, and then just shelve it for a while afterwards again. It'd really solve a lot of the balance problems we're having we're the side at the moment.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is D00lan known to have some serious weakness aganst spin? I don't have anything against Usman except the fact he seems unable to actually play a forward stroke, but the other bloke has been belting the ears off it this year when there hasn't been a lot of low hanging batting fruit around.

Maybe they see him as one for England, after giving Usman a chance following his being next-in-line for quite a while.

uvelocity

International Coach
Wouldn't it be great if Clarke decided he was keen for a bit of a bowl on this tour? I don't see it as likely at all as he's suffered a few injuries lately (albeit unrelated to his back..) but a tour of India in which your batting allrounder's bowling has been scrubbed and your spinner is a right arm off break bowler seems the perfect storm for Clarke to decide to bowl 10-15 overs a day, and then just shelve it for a while afterwards again. It'd really solve a lot of the balance problems we're having we're the side at the moment.
:drool:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I'd love for Clarke to bowl but we can't risk him getting injured as how he goes decides how our batting goes atm. I shudder to think how brittle the batting could be if his back flares up and he misses a game. Selectors would bat Wade at 5 and play "insert mediocre all rounder here" at 6 and 7.

oldmancraigy

U19 12th Man
Yeah, Watson's actually averaged 26 over the last two years. Next to that Cowan's 34 in the same time doesn't seem like the figure to be **** on.

I suppose there's just an air of "settling for acceptable" with Cowan, which naturally rubs people up the wrong way. There hasn't been much to suggest he'll average much higher or lower than 34 in the long run.
Let's not get excited with this 34 talk. Cowan only averages 32.