• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha. I'm all for home pitches and Ill defend that forever. But doesn't sit right to specifically change the preparation in one area where the opposition bowler happens to bowl. If that was done at, say, Lord's, there'd be an outcry.
Why is it any worse than, say, the Chennai pitch?

After all, that was prepared specifically to negate the impact of 3 Australian bowlers not just one

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was prepared for our strengths, rather than Australia's weaknesses. It's just a bonus to us Australia has no quality spinners, even if they did the pitch would be identical.

In the Warne case it was doctored to negate the advantage of a specific opposition bowler, which just doesn't feel right.

Last edited:

social

It was prepared for our strengths, rather than Australia's weaknesses. It's just a bonus to us Australia has no quality spinners, even if they did the pitch would be identical.

In the Warne case it was doctored to negate the advantage of a specific opposition bowler, which just doesn't feel right.
Nope

India knows that our strength is pace bowling and weakness is playing spin so a pitch was prepared accordingly

Anyway, India is just about the only country in the world where home cricketers publicly call for doctored pitches and then bitch if they are not "up to their standards"

Does that feel right?

To me, it's just plain embarassing

Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Nope

India knows that our strength is pace bowling and weakness is playing spin so a pitch was prepared accordingly

Anyway, India is just about the only country in the world where home cricketers publicly call for doctored pitches and then bitch if they are not "up to their standards"

Does that feel right?

And why would they be doing that? Could it be because of the abundance of flat tracks that were being prepared because of the ICC constantly taking action against any pitch that turned?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Nope

Does that feel right?

There's nothing wrong with creating a pitch to suit your team's strengths but the aim should always be to produce a pitch which (initially, at least) plays the same across the whole rectangle as to treat left and right handed players equally. Picking and choosing bits of the wicket to prepare differently is definitely weird.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's not an Indian home test victory against Australia without Social complaining about the pitch.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
That curator is just trying to play Hero and play to the galleries.

Pretty sure even if he waters one area for a couple of days and doesn't the other it's not possible to make the pitch areas too different to each other unless he grew grass on that part of the pitch and left the other area barren. Stupid comments.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nope

Does that feel right?

did you watch the last 3 test series in india before this?

it's got nothing to do with the opposition and everything to do with our own strengths.

social

It's not an Indian home test victory against Australia without Social complaining about the pitch.
Where did I complain about the pitch?

If I had a team with no fast bowlers, batsmen that wet their pants every time the ball gets above knee height and plenty of spinners, I'd do the same

What I wouldnt do is put public pressure on the grounsdman to doctor the pitch in my favour and then whine like a stuck pig if he didnt

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nope

Does that feel right?

"Doctored" implies the two teams played on two different pitches, or it was unfair in some way. Learn2play.

uvelocity

International Coach
Whinging about this pitch is dumb imo. Sure if there is a total mudhole which is bad watching - different story. But that was an interesting test with performances from each side. Just one really stood out. I mean even at 38th grade park standard teams put the hats out further if it suits them. Tassie was making greentops because it suited them

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Why is it any worse than, say, the Chennai pitch?

After all, that was prepared specifically to negate the impact of 3 Australian bowlers not just one
By that logic, every pitch that India plays on outside the subcontinent that isn't spin friendly is specifically created to negate the impact of Indian spinners.

Spark

Global Moderator
Is it just me or do we barely get through a week or two of cricket without Watson saying how how great it'd be if something was different?