• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Congrats to India, margin of victory should have been greater on the balance of correct umpiring.

My changes to Oz XI for T2:

Voges for Hughes (assuming SMarsh is unavailable) -- Hughes is not a sub-con batsman.
Doherty for Lyon -- Yeah, i'm on the anti-Lyon bandwagon, but I was on it long before this Test match.
Johnson for Starc -- Starc's bowling was economically, but he never looked close to getting a wicket in this Test and his "tactical plan" for SRT was a complete joke.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People can rightly criticise the Oz top order for the way that they have played spin but Sehwag and Pujara havent exactly inspired confidence

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I've heard some of the comms talk about how England lost heavily in the first test and came back strong, but again it has to be stressed that they had Swann and Monty, plus a settled batting line-up with the returning KP back in the fold, those are two things that Australia just don't have at the moment so it's hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel for them.

I've seen comments here saying "we'll we done well to put up those two scores on this track", but wait a minute, since when was that good enough for Australia? :huh: for me the writing is on the wall, until Australia find some decent batters and a competent spinner they won't compete in a series like this, Hughes, Cowan, Wade, Starc and Lyon aren't good enough right now imo.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just reminding Lyon who is boss, after Lyon owned him in the first innings. Trying to get his revenge.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I really don't understand why we dropped Gambhir over Sehwag. Although scratchy, he showed more fight in the series against England and, if anything, seemed to be getting back in form.

Tendulkar - WAG. Who says he can't perform when the chips are down? :ph34r:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Just reminding Lyon who is boss, after Lyon owned him in the first innings. Trying to get his revenge.
Nah, the selfish **** is just scheming to get his ton for the match. Needs 19 more after his 81 so I think he's trying to hit a six now because otherwise the target isn't enough for him to do it. :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I really don't understand why we dropped Gambhir over Sehwag. Although scratchy, he showed more fight in the series against England and, if anything, seemed to be getting back in form.

Tendulkar - WAG. Who says he can't perform when the chips are down? :ph34r:
Reports that Dhoni things Gambhir is a **** and doesn't want him in the team could be accurate...