• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What chances an innings win?
Plausible if Clarke goes early. I'll say 10-20%.

Australia probably can't win unless Lyon wakes up, draw might be doable though. Worse, it's our bowling rather than our batting that's the problem, so I doubt we can recover the series like your lot did.

benchmark00

How much was Dhoni on when he was dropped? Or are people just bull****ting?
It was not a real drop. He flogged a ball back at Clarke when he was bowling and he managed to get a hand on it somehow. Basically stopped four. He was on around 130 from memory.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
This is an ATG level innings (for a keeper at least)

Not only has he scored 200+, he has done it at an incredible rate and that too whist batting mostly with the lower order in a critical stage of the game!

I am usually one of the first ones to criticize him when he's not going well...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Good batting display from Dhoni, Kohli and Tendulkar. I have to admit that Dhoni is now getting close to that best-ever Indian wicketkeeper-batsman title (in spite of his keeping, and his batting outside the SC).

Wonder what PEWS has to say about Dhoni's inning today.

benchmark00

Good batting display from Dhoni, Kohli and Tendulkar. I have to admit that Dhoni is now getting close to that best-ever Indian wicketkeeper-batsman title (in spite of his keeping, and his batting outside the SC).

Wonder what PEWS has to say about Dhoni's inning today.
Said it was good ftr.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Awful day. Seriously concerning that our bowling is the big problem when it was previously considered our strength.

Mr_Ronan

Banned
Tbh I really admire Dhoni and tbf that was an awesome innings ftr. Now I feel part of the gang :D

Just astonishing dominance when u consider India were in a difficult spot when he came in, at danger of conceding a first innings lead and then facing a tricky chase.

He has all but guaranteed that India will not lose this Test. I'd love to see Australia finish them off quickly tomorrow and bat well to set up some sort of an exciting finish but that is wishful thinking at the moment.

I freely admit I thought 300 was gonna be a good first inning score on that pitch and that 380 was well above par. But then again so did all the commentators, including those I****** X****** G***** Y***s.

The Aussies haven't bowled great but with just a bit of luck things would have been WAY different today and they would have had a first innings lead. So it's kinda ridiculous to be talking about them as if they are now Bangladesh (the way many on cricinfo are) and have no chance of winning this or any of the Tests in this series.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
The thing that impressed me about MSD was the way he handled Pattinson .

He was never good facing fast bowlers with his technique..Even though their was no swing (some reverse!!) MSD was at ease facing him.

Lyon was a routine job for Dhoni.Cant blame him.

Satyanash89

Banned
Holy **** thats one of the best innings ever by a wicketkeeper surely. Lots of people, including me criticized MSD for never delivering a big critical test innings, but boy has he shut me up. Well done, sir

Teja.

Global Moderator
He basically imported his ODI temperament for this innings - should do it more often.

Particularly how he was not afraid to smash anything too full from Starc and Pattinson.

Fantastic knock. One of the best I've seen.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The thing that impressed me about MSD was the way he handled Pattinson .

He was never good facing fast bowlers with his technique..Even though their was no swing (some reverse!!) MSD was at ease facing him.

Lyon was a routine job for Dhoni.Cant blame him.
Dhoni's problem is with bounce and movement (not pace per se) so in that regard, this is the perfect place for him to face Pattinson