• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

the big bambino

International Captain
True re: Doherty. He might be one of the least attacking spinners in the country. Why he'd be considered is beyond sstupid.

O'Keefe might look to you like a pie chucker waiting to be exposed, but at least (for his sake) he's not yet been exposed at FC level - whereas all the other spin options HAVE been.
What's more, he can bat at 7 and let us pick 4 quicks. Pattinson, Bird, Starc, Siddle as an Ashes quartet? Yes please.

My argument is simple: if they are all crap, pick the least crap one, ESPECIALLY if he can do something else (bat) which allows us to play to our strengths.
Make the change early for India since we'll most likely lose over there no matter what. Give ourselves the best chance of beating the old enemy in back to back series.
Look if you're picking O'Keefe bcos he's a better bat then I think you've missed the point. He'll only ever be picked for his bowling with his batting being a nice adjunct.

Wade bats at 7 so you'd axe a bat to play O'Keefe. Well whats the point? I'd rather have 6 bats than O'Keefe doing an impersonation of one. Your criticsim of Lyon is pungent but your case for O'Keefe timorous. Why not just say axe all spinners bcos they wont be able to exploit the conditions anyway and go in with 4 quicks? You'd get back up from Watto, Warner, Clarke (if fit) and even Wade (Hughes keeping for him). If you don't want Lyon and want a bowler who takes wkts I think that is the more logical option that is considerate of our less than stellar batting atm.

oldmancraigy

U19 12th Man
Look if you're picking O'Keefe bcos he's a better bat then I think you've missed the point. He'll only ever be picked for his bowling with his batting being a nice adjunct.

Wade bats at 7 so you'd axe a bat to play O'Keefe. Well whats the point? I'd rather have 6 bats than O'Keefe doing an impersonation of one. Your criticsim of Lyon is pungent but your case for O'Keefe timorous. Why not just say axe all spinners bcos they wont be able to exploit the conditions anyway and go in with 4 quicks? You'd get back up from Watto, Warner, Clarke (if fit) and even Wade (Hughes keeping for him). If you don't want Lyon and want a bowler who takes wkts I think that is the more logical option that is considerate of our less than stellar batting atm.
Wade batted 6 in the last test, and all the talk is that he'll bat 6 on the Indian tour.

I wouldn't pick O'Keefe because he's a better bat, but rather because he's a better bowler. That he happens to also be a far superior batsman does give some intriguing options for the Ashes tour, particularly if the selectors want to go with Wade at 6.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't have all this riff raff what what...Fellow can't enjoy a quiet snifter and puff away in his comfy slippers any more.

What what.
Nah look, as I'm pissed at lunch I will divulge this.

It's always good to have new people join and have a discussion with them. Even if you disagree with what they say, who gives a ****? Provided no **** has a crack at someone on a personal level about important ****, who cares? Like when we had a disagreement in the politics thread, so what? Doesn't mean you brush someone on everything. Be small minded to.

Except Jono. WAC.

the big bambino

International Captain
oldmancraigey. Ok fine. However the way I see the construction of your team is that you have effectively replaced Lyon with a pace man and an axing a batsman for O'Keefe. Better if you just drop Lyon for a speed man and keep 6 bats.

EDIT: thanks jono.

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
Nah look, as I'm pissed at lunch I will divulge this.

It's always good to have new people join and have a discussion with them. Even if you disagree with what they say, who gives a ****? Provided no **** has a crack at someone on a personal level about important ****, who cares? Like when we had a disagreement in the politics thread, so what? Doesn't mean you brush someone on everything. Be small minded to.

Except Jono. WAC.
Cheers. I agree. Thanks Jono too. Its a good forum. Btw I was just having a sly crack at ajdude and it was in the same spirit as his post.

Burgey

Dead set, come at me ****.

There has never been any more incentive for me to kill you you old ****. Last time we had lunch you shouted me an expensive one, so I owe you. If I do away with you soon I can get rid of that debt.

Watch your back.
You owe me a 400 gram sirloin, ****. Ain't no way I'll be expiring before that debt ispaid.

uvelocity

International Coach
Dead set, come at me ****.

There has never been any more incentive for me to kill you you old ****. Last time we had lunch you shouted me an expensive one, so I owe you. If I do away with you soon I can get rid of that debt.

Watch your back.

Burgey

Always knew uvelocity watched hentai #allanimeishentaitome
There's no other kind is there?

I hear these young people talk about anime, surely they just mean hentai?

#thosetitsareinsanelybigbuttheyseemtoenjoywhatgoeson

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm forever paranoid about accidentally saying the word 'hentai' in a Japanese restaurant or something. Just sounds like a noodle soup or something.

Actually, I guess it kind of is.