• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

the big bambino

International Captain
Henriques selection makes more sense if this is how Pattinson was always going to be used, at least. Not that he scored less runs than I would've expected anyone else in the squad to score or anything, even if he gets a duck second innings, but still.
It does. That and Watson's disinclination to bowl anymore appears to have polished Henriques' credentials.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Personally I'd like to see more posts from flogcity comparing international cricket to what he does in 8th grade park cricket on matting.

benchmark00

I reckon international cricketers should warm up by the captain getting the bat and everyone standing around him I'm a half moon shape while he hits catches.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Really blame India's recent test form on the lack of anti-jinxing in the tour threads. That whole pessimistic brigade (adharcric, SS, anil, JusTool, Sanz etc.) has disbanded, and someone needs to restore the balance.
India to get bowled out for 220 and Australia to smash 300 in 50 overs and India to be bowled out for a 100. :p

Burgey

$6 does seen crazy. Even if you think it's even, surely Australia can't be that behind...

It must have been the action that drove that number up....were they getting massive money on India early on that they had to make the Aussie bet so enticing?

I wish I could gamble from the US :(.
Most of the massive money on India is bet illegally isn't it?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Those odds were on Betfair exchange, not the bookies (legal or illegal) so hardly any would have been from India.

Punters betting on Indian test matches have always over-estimated the Indian batting when making odds, but it is even more extreme now because India don't have Dravid and VVS and Sehwag sucks, but the odds are the same as if it was 2010.

Top_Cat

Those odds were on Betfair exchange, not the bookies (legal or illegal) so hardly any would have been from India.

Punters betting on Indian test matches have always over-estimated the Indian batting when making odds, but it is even more extreme now because India don't have Dravid and VVS and Sehwag sucks, but the odds are the same as if it was 2010.
Never back against India at home.

(****ing, Laxman....)

Andre

International Regular
I reckon international cricketers should warm up by the captain getting the bat and everyone standing around him I'm a half moon shape while he hits catches.
This, known as the 'circle warm up', practiced by middle age lower grade captains with little else to do with their time.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

You need to read Bookie Gambler Fixer Spy. Betfair is the Indian bookies' friend.

Burgey

Rubbish. All gambling on cricket can be traced back to India.

Bloke the other week had a bet he could hit more sixes than a mate in his side at our club, got on with a bookie in India.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Most of the massive money on India is bet illegally isn't it?
Well all betting originating from India would be illegal. But I don't see how that would affect legal sites. If you tried to make a bet with an illegal bookie when placing a bet, I can understand the lines being skewed.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Debunked a lot of myths about how betting works in cricket.

Probably only had enough material to fill half the pages that he did, though.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
36 balls in the day from our best bowler. Pat Howard was in the dressing room counting wasn't he? Smells like baseball pitch counting douchebaggery to me.

benchmark00

After seeing the state of the pitch leading up to today's play, I will say that if Nathan Lyon doesn't make in roads in the Indian line up, or at least very very much trouble them, it is not good signs. It's the sort of day three pitch a finger spinner has wet dreams about.